F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 fx4, what are the biggest tires I can put on without rub? I am going to lift it but want to get the tires and rims first. Thanks guy!!

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Yeah. What he said^^

Black Sheep of the Family

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
aren't you going to decide in a lift first? Then match tire size. Then save up for all. Then do it all @ same time? Lift & install?

eH

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
^^ see above

Black Sheep of the Family

·
Registered
23 Posts
I heard that bigger tires lowers your MPG and makes your turbos work a lot harder. Is this true?

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
I heard that bigger tires lowers your MPG and makes your turbos work a lot harder. Is this true?
It doesn't really make turbos "harder" just more often. You'll have to use more gas pedal to get moving and boost happens low so more gas is used. Plus the extra weight of tires/rims if the combo weighs more

FRF free zone since 2014

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
I'm lifted 2" in front and will be 1" higher in back. On stock tires. 33's only get you 1/2"- 3/4" higher than stock.

Stock tires are 31.5-32".

·
Registered
68 Posts
Factory 20's and i put 275/65/20 toyo at2's. no cutting no rubbing yet. I am waiting on my rancho Quicklift and 9000 shocks still tho. I think a 2" level can run 295/60/20's no cutting or rubbing. 35x12.5's on proper offset/backspacing n i think just trimming. I just installed the sct canned 87 tune and my mpg is reading 13 all city.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts