F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well.. let me start off by saying.. i ordered my new 2013 fx4 (details in sig) on july 24th and have been told it will be available for pick up on september 5th.. so excited!! (will post pics)..

now here is the situation.. the truck apparently comes with the pirelli scorpions (*sigh*) on the stock fx4 appearance package 20" rims (which i plan on keeping).. i am looking for suggestions for aftermarket tires.. i don't plan on lifting the truck.. i plan on doing mainly street driving (daily driver).. but i plan on doing about 20% offroad driving as well.. also.. i don't really want to buy any separate winter tires.. any suggestions on what tires would be best for my situation?

thanks in advance..
dave

ps.. sorry about all the ".." and the complete lack of grammar (and probably spelling).. but i am typing this while on duty and wanted to get through it before we got another call

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
With a level you could run 35's without rubbing. I'll be ordering a set of goodyear mtr's, but the BFG KM2, Cooper STT, and Mickey Thompson ATZ were all top picks for me. My best suggestion is look up reviews for the tires you like and compare the reviews to your style of driving.

Reactions: mostevilmanever

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Are you sure they have the pirellis? I have the Bridgestone duelers, and your truck sounds almost exactly like mine. They aren't very aggressive, but I have gone off road in the snow and in dirt and they have done great. By that I mean I didn't get stuck lol. I think for 90% of people they would be fine.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Another first responder! (As I am too). A good A/T tire, if you decided to switch, is the Nitto Terra Grapplers. The BFG A/T are good, but pricey.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Another first responder! (As I am too). A good A/T tire, if you decided to switch, is the Nitto Terra Grapplers. The BFG A/T are good, but pricey.
The bfg at also last forever.

Reactions: mostevilmanever

·
Registered
860 Posts
I've always run BFGs All Terrains and not one complaint. However, I'm thinking my next set will be the Toyo Open Country AT2s. They appear to be a great bang for the buck tire. I'd look into these sizes:

295/55/20 - 32.8" Tall, 12.2" Wide
295/60/20 - 33.9" Tall, 11.8' Wide

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yup, definitely a first responder! wouldn't dream of doing anything else!

thank you all for the great suggestions! looks like i have some reading and researching to do...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts