F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have a 2016 F150 V6 3.5L eco w/ 4x4 and max tow package. Need new tires and plan on doing a cross-country roadtrip for 12 months+ towing a 8000 pound travel trailer.

Any recommendations for tires given the long-distance with the weight?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
9,483 Posts
As long as the current tires are rated high enough for the loads, try what you've got? My P rated tires are rated for more than the truck is, so I can't really overload them. At that point it's just about whether or not you like the towing experience with them or not.

If they aren't underrated, why spend money you might not have to? Unless it's already time for tires anyway. I might try LT tires next time, but so far my towing has felt fine with my P rated tires.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been doing some digging around. I'm thinking the Revo 3. They are E rated.

I ran over a metal spike in the lot of a tire shop this morning so they offered to cut me a deal. $885 installed. Tire Rack has them for $265 each + $120 install. Seems like a solid deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
mwemaxxowner
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing