·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are you guys running for snow tires? I have the 18" wheels. Thanks

·
Registered
556 Posts
My truck came with 22" Pirelli on it and I haven't been out in the snow yet. Will it even snow in Maryland this year? I've been driving in the rain in terential downpours and to my surprise the traction is very good. These look like more of a performance road tire that would be crappy in inclimate weather. I don't know how well they will do in the snow, but will try them on the backroads before I commute back and forth to work on snow and ice with all the non-driving idiots we have on the roads. Might just take th eolder F150 as I know that goes through anything.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
The part of Canada where I live, I HAVE to have snow rated tires. Stamped with the snowflake emblem. I put 17" rims on firestones. Saves a few bucks. I had 18" chrome OEM

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
The part of Canada where I live, I HAVE to have snow rated tires. Stamped with the snowflake emblem. I put 17" rims on firestones. Saves a few bucks. I had 18" chrome OEM
You live in quackbeck? Or have other provinces mandated this?

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Beautiful British Columbia. Kootenays region. There is a hill on every road out

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
Oh lovely, they haven't mandated them in Ontario yet too much of a backlash.

I run them on my car and did my van but haven't put the thought into the truck yet. The Michelin LTX on it seems like they will be decent in the snow but who knows lol.

I had Firestone winter force on my van and wow they were wicked tires. Major cutting and stopping power.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Ya the winter force. I put the, on my f150 last year. No issues. The thing is. Stock all season tires that come on every vehicle might get you through the first winter. Maybe the 2nd. But where we live. If it's not 3 feet of snow it's -15-20 & the road severely ices up. Winter tires do their job. Stick to snow & ice. I just purchased a new car & put toyo Observe GSi5. With the walnut shells. A pretty penny spent but the reviews I've read, they are the best. & they are going on a Hyundai elantra. No weight there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts