F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
It looks better without. But I sure wish I had one.

I used to think that canopies were lame...but now I can't imagine having a truck without one. Secure storage, no wet groceries, no stolen bikes etc. Always had cab high though. At least it's not the really grandpa'ish super high rise type! Yours has a Subtle enough slope that I'm ok with it though lol.

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Braddock, I agree. I just got the truck and it was thrown in with it. I really want a BakFlip tonneau.

I want a camper now and to get rid of my tri fold. I want the dogs to be able to go on trips in this truck too. OP where are you located at?

I have a Bakflip, while I do really like it I am starting to lean towards a topper. I have a trailer to haul anything big so don't really need an open box like I used to. Only problem is for the 6.5ft box the toppers don't look very good. The 5.5ft has some awesome looking toppers.

Mine has pretty much had the cap from about a month after I got it. We have 2 Labrador Retrievers that we put in the back for most trips around town. They ride in the cab on long trips, provided there is room. For that last two Christmas trips, they have ridden in the back. I put a bike innertube between the cap and the cab and leave the two windows open. This year I put a rack so that our smaller lab couldn't squeeze through like she did last year. I've tested keeping the back warm to forty below zero. The metal of the bedside is still warm to the touch, even at highway speeds. They had beds and carpet to lay on though, so they weren't directly on the metal.

I don't have a trailer, so pretty much everything else goes in the topper. I had it off to pick up a larger item, and it degraded the ride I was used to. It was easy to remove, though and just as easy to put on.

I think it looks better without, but think it depends on what you need. I have a tonneau on my Ranger and love it. Been thinking about getting a camper top for the 150 so that I can put the big dog in back and take her tracking.

Discussion starter · #10 ·
Lil red 02, I am near Pensacola in the panhandle. Which cover do you have?

Discussion starter · #13 ·
Because your picture posted upside down....and I think I have a rugged liner vinyl cover its been great but I want more room for the dogs and when we travel.
Weird, it displays normally on mine.

Ya when you click on the image it goes upside down. Don't really think there is anything you can do about it.

Ya when you click on the image it goes upside down. Don't really think there is anything you can do about it.
oh ya first thing in notice I'd thought you slide in a ditch.

sure there is repost it the other way. well all depends on where your at and what you got. As you mentioned dogs well mine never bothered getting out. living in the NW I load and unload so much its hardly worth the $1400 but I got he 6' bed too. Now if you got a family throwing groceries in the back seat is a big problem.

oh ya first thing in notice I'd thought you slide in a ditch. sure there is repost it the other way. well all depends on where your at and what you got. As you mentioned dogs well mine never bothered getting out. living in the NW I load and unload so much its hardly worth the $1400 but I got he 6' bed too. Now if you got a family throwing groceries in the back seat is a big problem.
To defend the op it is normal on the mobile before you click it. So not sure why it would go upside down when you click on it.

Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Font Technology

Discussion starter · #18 ·
Problem solved. I picked up a BakFlip F1 on Craigslist for $400. Like new and less than a year old. I couldn't pass it up. I appreciate all the input!

What happened to the camper shell? Those are really handy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.