F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2014 Tremor. The only mods as of now performance wise are AFE stage 2 cai, magnaflow catback and MPT 93 perf tune. In the process of datalogging the tune before he sends my 91 perf and 91 tow. I am moving to Florida in August so I'll have access to 93. Here in Arkansas its 91 everywhere so I've been running 6 gallons of 112 race gas in every tank of 91 to ensure I'm at or above 93 octane. The other day the gas light came on and I was down the street from the place I get my race gas so I swung in and got fuel. Ran a couple of errands and topped off with 91. Well, the next day my cel came on p0230 (cat) but no change to driving. Yesterday I got p0220 and 0230 (both cats) but this time I performance was sluggish. I returned to stock and cleared the codes. They haven't returned but I figure its time to toss the downpipes in favor of a new set that will be happy with a little race fuel mix until I get to Florida. So, to cat or not to cat. I am going to order ASAP and request the tune to be altered to reflect the mod. Any experience or advice?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I don't really see the point in getting a catted downpipe unless your gonna get tested for emissions. That or you're just trying to cut down on the noise a little. I will be going catless. Haven't decided on what brand yet though.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
If you have ADHD I apologize for the long thread. It was painful typing it.
I got through 3/4 of the second sentence...but took the time to reply? Now I'm just rambling on about things. I'd do catless btw

KCCO!

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
If you have ADHD I apologize for the long thread. It was painful typing it.
pssshhh....you don't know from long threads man....just ask me....:cool:

Reactions: scap99

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
^^^its true. Vol can write some freakin novels. I have a hard time writin one this length.

KCCO!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I don't have to worry about emmissions so catless will be my choice

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ordered the mak catless. I don't have to worry about emissions. I'll just get the tune updated and turn off the down sensors.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Sweet!!! Get some sound clips up when it's on!

KCCO!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm used to the V8 roar. Had an 03 Lightning, 04 Cobra and 67 Camaro. Still getting used to the V6 sound. May add a resonator when we install the down pipes.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Only difference between stainless and aluminized is looks and durability in certain climates. With no performance gain and it being under the truck I just rather spend the savings on more mods

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Only difference between stainless and aluminized is looks and durability in certain climates. With no performance gain and it being under the truck I just rather spend the savings on more mods
I know theres no performance gain... Im not putting crappy aluminized pipe on a truck like this. This isnt a beater fox mustang... Sorry just my opinion... Only quality stainless for me period....

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Yarbrouc ... I TOO have been torn on the cat vs catless. I am not subject to emission testing (yet) where I live, but the real issue is my dealership (they are dinks). I too am tuned and plan to return my vehicle to stock before I take my truck in for it's "6 Month Check-Up". I just want to fly under the radar and be "out of sight ... out of mind".

If I go "catless", I will get a CEL for a catless DP. But for some of the catted DP (like Kooks for sure), I can return it to stock and it won't have a CEL. From what I have read, the performance difference is not that great if I go "catted" ... just a fair amount more money.

I just want to keep my dealership quite ... which is really my biggest concern of all. I am looking at whatever catted DP that won't trigger a CEL.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have dealt with the fact I will void every factory warranty lol. I always have and always will I'm sure! I can get the 02's turned off in the tune to alleviate the cat codes and returning to stock in the case of any issues would depend on the severity of the issue as to if its ultimately worth the headache. I've emailed MPT a few times and am awaiting a response. I initially ordered three tunes and got the 93 which they wanted to datalog before they sent the others but I'd like to get my 91 since it's what I have available and the only race has I can get to mix is leaded. When I move to Florida in August I'll have 93 which is why I originally opted for the 93 tune as well. Looking forward to getting her all lined out. The 93 tune they sent me is tits! I just wish SCT was compatible with apple operating system so I didn't have to borrow a laptop to datalog.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts