F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just purchased a 2013 XLT 4x4 Screw cab Eco Last Sat (LOVE IT!!!) and Im trying to break it in past the 1k mark before towing my new Toyhauler. I have a trip planned in a week an half and need some warranty work on the new toyhauler to be done asap for trip. I asked the rv dealer if they could provide a tow to their place since I just bought the new truck and they said they would see what they can do however there is a strong chance I would need to bring it in on my own and they said it would not hurt truck to use to tow for 30min each way. I don't have anyone that can tow it for me so the predicament is should I go ahead and tow it in with my new truck (approx. 500miles so far on truck) prior to 1k break in, or try to push them into picking it up and doing service that I think could have been prevented if they had been more thorough before releasing it to me. Either way I have to get it taken care of soon to prep for 1st trip in it. Any thoughts and opinions would be great. Thx.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I wouldn't let the RV dealer influence your decision - push them to tow it, or find a buddy to pull your hauler for you instead.

If you decide to tow before 1K do it for your own reasons. I bought my truck in the middle of the spring walleye run and even though it was a boat (not an RV) I waited the 1K before I towed with it and I will have piece of mind for every mile afterwards that any issue that may arise is not of my doing.

·
Registered
537 Posts
You could wait until you get another 500 miles on the truck. However, part of the 500 miles maybe stop and go city driving or short trips to the store. Trust me those mile are harder on the truck than towing your trailer across town.

As for having not prepped your trailer and catching everything before sending you on your way, don't expect this to be your last visit back to the RV dealer. You will be chasing bugs and gremlins for a while unless you got real lucky with your unit. Unless the items that your going back in for are major can't take a trip problems you may simply want to wait until after your first shake down trip and start a list for dealer attention at a later date.

RVing a great, but not problem free. Sometimes you need to be more like Gumby IE: very flexible at all times. And become a believer in Murphy's Law. But, it the end, all is good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts