F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

121 - 140 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Haha, I've lost the bug anyhow. Still owe 18K on the loan.

I'm saving my pennies for the 79 Scout SSII I'm buying.

Oh and this has turned into this:

Reactions: Blown F-150

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Decided on the Mevotech TTX ball joints and upper control arms. $356 bucks Canadian thru Rockauto.com.

Looks like coil overs are going to wait because its an extra $410 thru 4wparts or tdotperformance. I'll order them for the spring.

·
Premium Member
3,889 Posts
Decided on the Mevotech TTX ball joints and upper control arms. $356 bucks Canadian thru Rockauto.com.

Looks like coil overs are going to wait because its an extra $410 thru 4wparts or tdotperformance. I'll order them for the spring.
They will have a Black Friday Sale, if you want them sooner rather than later. I found my Fox 2.0's (front and rear, never installed the fronts) on Ebay for a crazy deal, so it may be worth watching there too.

·
Premium Member
3,889 Posts
So what are your thoughts on the BDS lift? I'm seriously considering doing it in the Spring. I would re-use my existing Fox 2.5's and use the spacer in the front and order the longer 2.5's for the rear. I think I would just go for 4" of lift. Do you think it would be better if I bought the kit and had someone local redo the powder on the suspension bits? is the BDS Powder OK? I'm expecting that that the front cross member will get beat to snot with road debris, etc.

In a last ditch effort to talk myself out of the lift, I'm going to put the AAL's in the rear and then raise the front a bit more, so that the rake isn't as severe.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
So what are your thoughts on the BDS lift? I'm seriously considering doing it in the Spring. I would re-use my existing Fox 2.5's and use the spacer in the front and order the longer 2.5's for the rear. I think I would just go for 4" of lift. Do you think it would be better if I bought the kit and had someone local redo the powder on the suspension bits? is the BDS Powder OK? I'm expecting that that the front cross member will get beat to snot with road debris, etc.

In a last ditch effort to talk myself out of the lift, I'm going to put the AAL's in the rear and then raise the front a bit more, so that the rake isn't as severe.
I love the lift but being in Ontario it doesn't matter how good your powder is the salt eats everything. The front crossmember looks about the best.

·
Premium Member
3,889 Posts
I love the lift but being in Ontario it doesn't matter how good your powder is the salt eats everything. The front crossmember looks about the best.
Good to know. They salt here too, but what beats things up is the gravel they throw down in the winter. It's crazy.

I'm hoping with the lift that I'll have good enough approach angles, without being too high. Really the 4" kit should put me 2" higher in the front and 1.5" higher in the back than I am right now.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Mine is the 4" front with the 5" block in the rear. Same block they use on the 6" lifts I think. I wanted to keep some most of the rake.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #129

Well rockauto sends me an Email front right upper CA not in stock. After I already paid. Frig. So call Napa, their premium line is the Mevotech TTX they want $190 with tax... Found it on monkeywrench.ca for $132 tax in free shipping.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
New parts. Decided to have the local 4x4 shop order me the new coil overs rancho RS7806 (7000MT) for 4" lift. I figure since I've got to have all the spindle etc off anyhow to do the bottom BJ might as well only do it all once.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Ball joints and control arms swapped. Waiting on the shop to swap my springs to the new Ranchos.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Ranchos are in. $900 total for shocks/swap and BJ, control arms. Yikes. Better than 2.5K on coil overs.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Nice! I'm sure it will ride a bit better too. Give the front coil-overs time to settle in, they may be a little rough to begin with.
Ya I haven't really seen anyone run these yet so once I've got some miles on them I'll come back to the review.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Well It's been over a year since my last update in this thread.

Just did the 150k km oil change and tire rotation. The BFG KO2's now have 78,370 km and they still have tons of tread left. There is a bit of weather checking starting to show in the sidewall areas.

The TTX ball joints and upper control arms are still holding on strong.

Rancho 7000 MT's are still phenominal.

Upgrades for this year to come:

3.73 Gear install front and back, all in cost for me doing it myself with used gears is $500. Using motivegear conversion bearing install kit to use a 2006 R&P in a 2011+ differential. (only doing this because I got the gears front and back for $100).

Timbren Bumpstops for the rear.

Going to remove the rampage nerf bar tubes, they are so rotten now that they look like crap underneath.

Need to do drivers side exhaust manifold still, ordering the parts to do this in the spring.

Need an idler pulley and new Belts.

It's going to put in a lot of effort towing my Scout II this year so I think it needs the investment.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Wow that was a quick $1000+ spent!

Gear install kits
Exhaust Manifold+ parts
Timbrens
AC belt, main belt and tensioner

Going to be a fun spring install party!

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Vendor
9 Posts
Well It's been over a year since my last update in this thread.

Just did the 150k km oil change and tire rotation. The BFG KO2's now have 78,370 km and they still have tons of tread left. There is a bit of weather checking starting to show in the sidewall areas.

The TTX ball joints and upper control arms are still holding on strong.

Rancho 7000 MT's are still phenominal.

Upgrades for this year to come:

3.73 Gear install front and back, all in cost for me doing it myself with used gears is $500. Using motivegear conversion bearing install kit to use a 2006 R&P in a 2011+ differential. (only doing this because I got the gears front and back for $100).

Timbren Bumpstops for the rear.

Going to remove the rampage nerf bar tubes, they are so rotten now that they look like crap underneath.

Need to do drivers side exhaust manifold still, ordering the parts to do this in the spring.

Need an idler pulley and new Belts.

It's going to put in a lot of effort towing my Scout II this year so I think it needs the investment.

Welcome to the Timbren family! Thanks for choosing to run our products on your truck 👊🏽

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Timbrens installed.

May remove one puck spacer if I'm hitting them all the time daily driving.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
Ripped off the rampage steps today it's gorgeous out so why not, also loaded up for a trip to the dump.

With all that junk in there there Timbrens are only just touching the axle.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
Likely going to buy a hard cap tomorrow $500 cdn for a contracter style top where the side shelves can be removed.

I'm going to need an add a leaf...

I'm actually higher in the front by 1/4" the Rancho 4" 7000mts I put in last year actually sit 1" higher than the OE ones with BDS 4" spacers did.

Calling the local spring shop for a quote on leaf, new pins and u bolts.

I will likely remove the pucks and add a 3" bumps top plate to the axle on both sides, just use 3" 3/16 or 1/4 wall tube, whatever I can get at work.

This is the top

121 - 140 of 179 Posts