F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

141 - 160 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
New cap picked up and installed. I pulled the galvanized shelves out already. I'm thinking of maybe trying to find or trade someone for some standard sliding screened windows. I also may just leave these and just put aluminum window screen behind them.

The leaf springs are US made Dayton brand. Got them from local spring shop here with u bolts plastic sliders and new center pins for $400 w/tax.

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
New cap picked up and installed. I pulled the galvanized shelves out already. I'm thinking of maybe trying to find or trade someone for some standard sliding screened windows. I also may just leave these and just put aluminum window screen behind them.

The leaf springs are US made Dayton brand. Got them from local spring shop here with u bolts plastic sliders and new center pins for $400 w/tax.
Oh man that’s not a bad deal at all! I may have to join the topper gang here soon.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Looks like spring Is here on Monday 9-10* C forecasted! So that is spring day!

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Well got the add a leafs in. Man what a piss off job that was! The stupid clamps on the leafs made it dang agrivating. Had to run back to the spring shop 25 min away for 4 more plastic slipper pads as my originals were worn out.

Well it's all finished and it lifted the truck 2.25" in the rear... So I've not got a 6.5" lift in the rear 4.5" up front.

34" KO2s are looking small....

I'm sure they will settle 1/4" to 1/2" after a few weeks.

I welded on 3" square tube that I cut the welded side off for new timbren bump pads. This made up the difference from the added lift.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Nice thing is the add a leafs didn't seem to add to the spring rate very much.

Reactions: SrpRacing

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Changed the belts and the tensioner this morning, not too bad a job with a couple heavy duty zip ties for the AC belt.

The tensioner pulley on the fomoco tensioner was pooched. Screaming like a red tailed hawk (not an egale, they don't scream).

Reactions: SrpRacing

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Man $309.85 for everything. That’s not bad at all!
That's only one side...

It was another $75 for the Mahle manifold gaskets. But that's for both sides.

·
Registered
6,067 Posts

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
So you did this because stock ones are saggins and extra weight of camper shell?
Stock ones weren't sagging.

The BDS 4" lift I have has the bigger blocks in the rear that maintained 3/4" rake back to front when using the strut top spacers.

When I ditched those strut top spacers and stock struts I put in the Rancho 7000mt struts which lifted the truck another 3/4-1" in the front.

So it always looked like I was ass dragging everywhere especially when towing.

The Cap dropped the rear another 3/8-1/2".

So I wanted the add a leafs to get my rake back so I'm close to level when towing.

*I've now realised that function over looks is far more important lol.

But the truck will be getting 35's when this set of 305/65R18s are down to the wear bars, and the 3.73 geara are in.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Why not get air springs? You can live large leveled all the time
Because I'm cheap lol. Maybe not, for the price of the Timbrens and add a leaf I could have more than had air bags...

·
Premium Member
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 EgoBeast SuperCrew 4X4, 3.55 axles, 9.75" w/elocker
2,838 Posts
I’m getting Sumo Springs, pretty sure. They seem high at $250/pair for the Solo 1500.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
I’m getting Sumo Springs, pretty sure. They seem high at $250/pair for the Solo 1500.
That's what the Timbrens cost me. Plus a couple extra Hockey pucks lol.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
Got the wheel liner pulled today so I could start spraying everything down with some liquid wrench. Also pulled out all that useless vac hosing for the IWE's.

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
Man that driver side turbo is really gunked up. Looks like a lot of blowby. You still have your catch can installed?

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
Man that driver side turbo is really gunked up. Looks like a lot of blowby. You still have your catch can installed?
Cause my truck was oil sprayed a few times.

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Degrease that while it is apart lol.

Spray the 3 bolts on turbo t manifold the most, those are most prone to breaking.

141 - 160 of 179 Posts