F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, its another tonneau cover thread lol. Anyway, I'm trying to find info on the Ford OEM hard tri-fold cover. Its made by REV which I understand is the OEM branch of bakflip. What I cant figure out is if the Ford cover is the bakflip HD or F1. If anyone could provide some insight it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers :)

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Yes, its another tonneau cover thread lol. Anyway, I'm trying to find info on the Ford OEM hard tri-fold cover. Its made by REV which I understand is the OEM branch of bakflip. What I cant figure out is if the Ford cover is the bakflip HD or F1. If anyone could provide some insight it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers :)
Typically as part of the agreement an outside supplier makes with the vehicle manufacturer, there will be some differences between the one they're manufacturing for Ford, and the one they sell to everyone else in the aftermarket. Are you trying to find out about specific features or materials?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was trying to find out about materials used but it looks like I have found my own answer though. It's identical to a bakflip HD but has beefed up seals to meet Ford specs. Im not sure its worth the extra $ to go with the F1 as I Cant see the HD getting damaged from hail or anything. I can handle a little extra heat coming off the thing.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have the Bak FiberMax cover. It is heavy, seems more durable. Nothing but good things to say about Bak. Had the G2 on my 8' bed Silverado and really enjoyed it, that's why I purchased this one.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From personal experience, regardless of the brand....pony up for the FRP instead of painted or powder coated aluminum panels is my two cents worth. It's much more forgiving when one of your buddies accidentally drops something metal on it or scooches something heavy across it...like your Yeti full of beer and ice.
Hmmmm. That is definitely something to think about. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts