F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I just purchased a 2013 lariat about a month ago and I am looking to put a tonneau cover on. Does anyone have any recommendations on a type of cover, where to purchase, etc. I would like to go with a soft low profile cover I think.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

·
Registered
577 Posts
My dad just put a bak vp on his truck. I like them allot wish i would have gotten one instead of the soft one i did get. But 1000 is allot for for a cover

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2012 super crew cab I bought about a month ago and I went with the Bakflip fibermax and i really LOVE it. Was easy to install and its secure and water tight. it was about 650.00. I almost went with the VP but decided to go with the Fibermax due to the amount of rain, hail and snow we get up here. I have only had the Bakflip installed for about a week but im loving it so far.

image.jpeg

·
Registered
112 Posts
I installed a truxedo low pro qt on my lariat, very happy with it go to tonneaucoversworld.com, you can look at just about all they make and they have videos on them also

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a Truxedo Lo Pro on my XLT and love it. I picked it up from Truck Alterations for $370 shipped. It's a top quality cover and for this price, you can't beat it!

·
Registered
269 Posts
For my '13 Limited, I had the dealer install the Rev Tonneau Cover shown on the Ford website. It's very thin, clean looking, secure and strong. A soft cover may simply invite a thief with a knife. You can see them at Amazon.com: 2009-2013 Ford F-150 Hard Folding Tonneau Cover By REV (5.5 Bed): Automotive They come in the various bed sizes.

On my last truck, I went with the American hard roll up cover for about the same price. I prefer the Rev.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a Truxedo Lo Pro on my XLT and love it. I picked it up from Truck Alterations for $370 shipped. It's a top quality cover and for this price, you can't beat it!
When did you order yours? I checked out their website and it looks like it is about $476 now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Truxedo lo pro qt on my Platinum. I like it a lot more than the bakflip I had on my previous truck. Bought mine off eBay, can't remember the price but it was lower than anywhere else at the time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2013 FX4 and I put on a bak fibermax about 2 months ago and I love it. Easy to put on a looks great. I love only having to partially open the cover if I need to and the fact that I can lock the tailgate and have the items in the back secured.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have the Bakflip fibermax on mine and really happy with it. Had a Bakflip G2 on my previous 2500HD with 8' bed. Liked it so much I was a repeat customer for the F150 6.5' bed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
When did you order yours? I checked out their website and it looks like it is about $476 now.
If you email them for a quote, they will send you an email with a lower price. You have to place the order over the phone.

I picked mine up last week. I had one on my Tacoma before I bought my EB.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385355907.866933.jpg
bakFlip G2
It's aluminum & semi secure when you lock the tailgate.

I mean. If they want in. They will get in

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the Undercover by Flex. Exact copy of the Bak flip F1 and cheaper. My local shop here did it installed or same price I could buy online. $764 out the door.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Check out the Access covers. Really good - they've got a really good website showing all of their products, usage, and comparisons to other brands.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Another vote on the Truxxedo Low Pro QT.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2013 FX4 Crew Cab and I installed a Bak Roll-X. The low profile is awesome and the functionality is great. I heard that some people stayed away due to the cost, but I was able to get a new one in the original packaging on the web for $300 less than the original price of $1000. Shop around and you can find a great deal.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts