F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Peeps, I'm in the market for a tonneau cover for my truck, wondering if anyone can recommend a good manufacturer that your happy with.....thanks in advance.

·
Registered
214 Posts
What kind are you wanting? Trifold hard cover, metal retractable, soft cover, or fiberglass painted tonneau etc?

I've had an Undercover Flex (fiberglass trifold) for the past 2 years and have been very happy with it. Easy to install and remove, fairly secure, and durable.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,788 Posts
There's a cover thread that covers just about every possible cover. Lol

Think it was started in mid January.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
423 Posts
I have the Truxedo Truxport soft cover and highly recommend it, if your wanting a soft roll up. IMHO, the soft roll up covers are the most user friendly.

AK4wheeler

·
Premium Member
6,788 Posts
I have a tonneau cover. It's the best one in the world. That's why I chose it.
But not everyone agrees.
Wait, so far NOBODY agrees.
Every tonneau cover thread ends with that humiliating revelation.

This one will, as well.

In fact, I predict this tonneau cover thread will repeat every tonneau cover thread.
Doesn't the Bakflip win the tonneau cover world championship every time? ;)

(not sure why I'm feeling so sassy on this subject. Lol)

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
I have a tonneau cover. It's the best one in the world. That's why I chose it.
But not everyone agrees.
Wait, so far NOBODY agrees.
Every tonneau cover thread ends with that humiliating revelation.

This one will, as well.

In fact, I predict this tonneau cover thread will repeat every tonneau cover thread.
Doesn't the Bakflip win the tonneau cover world championship every time? ;)

(not sure why I'm feeling so sassy on this subject. Lol)

You're starting to see the pattern. lol

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'll give you an answer instead of sarcasm. I purchased a rollup cover from Tyger they sell them on Amazon for $189. This is a real nice cover for the money. It's HD, fit perfect and was easy to install. There was a large thunder storm last Saturday and it just pored sideways for about 20 minutes and when I got home it was dry as a bone inside the box , I took it through the car wash yesterday and the big blowers had no effect on it. It's got a lifetime warranty on the frame and 10 years on the cover and it's made in America. The last cover I bought (try fold hard cover) cost me $800 and it was totally junk in 2 years, warped and leaked bad.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the Roll-N-Lock. Its damn pricey but actually locks into the tailgate and retracts when you need your bed. Had an A.R.E. tonneau on my previous truck. Hated it the moment it got paint matched and installed

·
Administrator
7,849 Posts
I'll give you an answer instead of sarcasm. I purchased a rollup cover from Tyger they sell them on Amazon for $189. This is a real nice cover for the money. It's HD, fit perfect and was easy to install. There was a large thunder storm last Saturday and it just pored sideways for about 20 minutes and when I got home it was dry as a bone inside the box , I took it through the car wash yesterday and the big blowers had no effect on it. It's got a lifetime warranty on the frame and 10 years on the cover and it's made in America. The last cover I bought (try fold hard cover) cost me $800 and it was totally junk in 2 years, warped and leaked bad.
Here, let me grab my knife and steal everything you have in your bed.

People buy tonneau covers for different reasons...many buy them to protect their assets in the bed, which (in your case) wouldn't do jack **** to help that out.

Continue on with your "non-sarcastic response"...

....noob

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a truxedo Truxport and love it. Not real fond of the clamps though, thinking of attaching it with self tapping screws. I have been through many rain storms and car washes with no leaks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This is a real nice cover for the money. It's HD.
HD? Like high definition? Like HD TV.
? HD glasses? HD paint?

The last cover I bought (try fold hard cover) cost me $800 and it was totally junk in 2 years, warped and leaked bad.
So if u went to a soft cover, how do u keep thieves from stealing all the tools out of your bed w a simple pocket knife? Yeah, the $150 soft covers are real appealing to the wallet. But I need something that’s lockable, can’t be cut w a knife, and is water tight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
I put an Undercover Flex hard tri fold on my 6.5 ft bed. Like it but it is not waterproof. Leaks in rain. A friend of mine got one with the Ford factory tri fold and I really liked the looks of it. Probably should have ordered the Ford one from the factory. Would do that if doing it again with my Monday morning 20/20 vision.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey Peeps, I'm in the market for a tonneau cover for my truck, wondering if anyone can recommend a good manufacturer that your happy with.....thanks in advance.
So many choices, so little information. How much do you want to Spend? Soft rollup, hard side, metal rollup- breadbox style. With or without locks. Here’s my choice for a great, relatively expensive cover with locking mechanism and can carry hold up to 200 lbs on top. I have a Pace Edward Jackrabbit Tonneau. Price range around 1100 bucks. Super easy to put on the truck and can be removed in a couple minutes if needed. This is what I have on my f150.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have the same cover and I like it as well.

·
Registered
642 Posts
From what I've been able to gather they all leak. You will find someone on the internet somewhere that got one to leak. You will also find lots of people who think that same cover is the best thing ever.
My solution is to just buy the cheapest folding hard cover I can find. That's the gator Evo bifold. I figure if it has one less point to leak it should be better off.

·
Administrator
10,578 Posts
I give a big thumbs up to craftec.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16785&share_tid=16785&share_fid=56890&share_type=t

Opens nice and wide. Very light. Cheap. Easy and quick to remove (I often need the space with it removed) and they can/will make it in a custom size. I had a few ideas on how to modify a few of the parts for my application to make it work better and they took my ideas and design and made me a few custom pieces at cost with no markup. Great company, great product.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,971 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
My truck had the Undercover Lux tonneau cover on it when I bought it. It's never leaked and doesn't require tools to take it off or put it back on.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts