F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday a buddy of mine wanted in install a 'train horn' in his 2013 or 2014 (whichever). As much as I hate them I agreed to help so he wouldn't burn his truck down. Well, he should have listened to me because man did I screw some stuff up. First I was drilling a hold and in my haste I didn't put a board behind the part and drilled through the condenser. Then after we got everything done he started the truck to leave and the CEL & Wrench lights came on (code to follow). Truck won't move, it's like back in the day if the throttle cable would b disconnected, no response at all.
We hooked a wire to the battery, with a fuse, ran it into the cab and hooked up a relay. Ran the relay output to the horn. Didn't connect to any other fuses or existing wires for any of it. Only had to unhook the headlight & dimmer switches so we could mount the new switch for the horn.

My only guess is that when I ran the wire through the existing grommet I must have cut/stripped wire(s).

Here are the codes:
Stored Faults
012c - Turbocharger/Supercharger Inlet Pressure Sensor Circuit Low (Downstream of throttle valve)
0236 - P0236 Turbocharger Boost Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance
0237 - P0237 Turbocharger Boost Sensor A Circuit Low
06a7 - P06A7 Sensor Reference Voltage "B" Circuit Range/Performance
This type of code is generally provided as support for a more specific code
A stored code P06A7 is normally associated with the drive train

Pending Faults
012d - Turbocharger/Supercharger Inlet Pressure Sensor Circuit High (Downstream of throttle valve)
0238 - Turbocharger Boost Sensor A Circuit High

Anybody have any other ideas what I could have done? I just started looking over all the connections under hood to make sure I didn't bump one and disconnect it but really need some help. Not the way I wanted to spend the BIG 50!!!

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well not sure what it was but I unhooked the battery for about 10 minutes, pulled the connectors off the throttle body and "boost sensor" and now it's working fine. I did see a few posts about the wiring harness causing issue so maybe that's it. We'll see if ti holds up.

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
"it'll take 30min to install" - the internet

"First I was drilling a hold and in my haste I didn't put a board behind the part and drilled through the condenser " - owner

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"it'll take 30min to install" - the internet

"First I was drilling a hold and in my haste I didn't put a board behind the part and drilled through the condenser " - owner
No, not owner. Owner's friend. All is right today. Took about 30 mins to R&R the condenser and a friend of mine owns a shop and he charged it while I waited. I guess it could have been a lot worse. My friend did offer to pay half of it even though I did 100% of the damage. No, I didn't take him up on that.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Did you unplug the sensor right by the air cleaner? Thats what a lot of those codes seem to be referencing.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I unplugged the throttle body cable and the one on the intake tube just behind the fuse box (before the throttle body).

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
No, not owner. Owner's friend. All is right today. Took about 30 mins to R&R the condenser and a friend of mine owns a shop and he charged it while I waited. I guess it could have been a lot worse. My friend did offer to pay half of it even though I did 100% of the damage. No, I didn't take him up on that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts