F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Administrator
10,123 Posts
JJ Wondra has run some mid 12s in his 3.31 4wd crew cab '15. He is truly tune only. At one time he had a 170 thermostat but I think pulled that because some said that isn't tune only.

I know he has pulled the back seat a few times, I don't know what his fastest times with the seat were.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
823 Posts
JJ Wondra has run some mid 12s in his 3.31 4wd crew cab '15. He is truly tune only. At one time he had a 170 thermostat but I think pulled that because some said that isn't tune only.
I know he has pulled the back seat a few times, I don't know what his fastest times with the seat were.
I'm not aware of JJ getting into the 12's, let alone mid 12's, without stripping the interior and running ethanol+octane booster to get a much hotter tune than 93 pump or even E30. "Tune only" means different things to different people, but I don't think anyone should have the expectation their truck (even 15's) will get into the 12's running a plane jane 93 pump tune only without playing a few other games on the side. What is Rutt3.5 from Utah putting down for times lately, he's in a 15+ and running an E30 tune and has left the normal items like running boards on, etc. He's still mid 13's I think.

·
Administrator
4,077 Posts

Good ol' JJ. When the heck does he have time to run his truck? I miss talking to him on FB....but I do NOT miss being on FB. LOL

·
Registered
823 Posts
I'm not aware of JJ getting into the 12's, let alone mid 12's, without stripping the interior and running ethanol+octane booster to get a much hotter tune than 93 pump or even E30. "Tune only" means different things to different people, but I don't think anyone should have the expectation their truck (even 15's) will get into the 12's running a plane jane 93 pump tune only without playing a few other games on the side. What is Rutt3.5 from Utah putting down for times lately, he's in a 15+ and running an E30 tune and has left the normal items like running boards on, etc. He's still mid 13's I think.
Was able to dredge up some old communication... JJ was able to go [email protected] in negative DA. E30 tune with several -hundred- revisions, gutted interior, and 17 inch lightweight wheels/tires. Not exactly your daily driver on 93 pump gas, but I guess its tune only in some books :confused:

·
Registered
823 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Yeah, I would not want to strip my interior but hell... 12.5 with a e30 tune. Sure negative DA helps... probably more when pushing the stock engine that hard... but DAMN thats impressive.

·
Administrator
10,123 Posts
I was under the impression he ran a 12.5 with the 17's and something like a 93/e20 tune. That's close enough to tune only in my book, but doesn't sound like that was the reality.

·
Registered
823 Posts
definitely impressive! tells you how much weight matters for getting these trucks off the line too. 15+ have a big advantage over 11-14

·
Registered
823 Posts
nice! know what mods or truck configuration?

·
Administrator
10,123 Posts
It's a stock regular cab 4x4 according to him. I don't know what gear. Full interior etc.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
[email protected] has been our best. E30, open dp's, 4" straight pipe exhaust, and a semi-working w/m kit.(check valve sticks). D/A was around 5000ft. Haven't made a run yet this year due to a head gasket starting to fail. Replacing the head+gasket plus adding some GT's. Gasket failure was due to faulty meth check valve and a plugged catch can line. I'm lucky I caught before things really went boom.

·
Registered
823 Posts
[email protected] has been our best. E30, open dp's, 4" straight pipe exhaust, and a semi-working w/m kit.(check valve sticks). D/A was around 5000ft. Haven't made a run yet this year due to a head gasket starting to fail. Replacing the head+gasket plus adding some GT's. Gasket failure was due to faulty meth check valve and a plugged catch can line. I'm lucky I caught before things really went boom.
bummer to hear about the head gasket, that's why it's called the bleeding edge i guess :). are you running in daily driver form still? running boards, tailgate, spare tire, etc or are you trying to reduce weight at all?

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
bummer to hear about the head gasket, that's why it's called the bleeding edge i guess :). are you running in daily driver form still? running boards, tailgate, spare tire, etc or are you trying to reduce weight at all?
Full interior, but I did try removing the 20# tailgate, but that didn't result in any difference. Still a daily driver, for now. That may change at a later date. :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Full interior, but I did try removing the 20# tailgate, but that didn't result in any difference. Still a daily driver, for now. That may change at a later date. :)

I think when the time comes and I get GT turbo's I will be getting a fully forged bottom end with cylinder support and studs. These engines, relatively speaking are fairly inexpensive to build. Unless you are going the EFR route.
Then its "If you have to ask how much you already can't afford it" territory.

I might go that route when this big black pig is paid off.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I've seen factory remans run from 4k to near 20k(cummins). For that kind of scratch, I'd say why not put in better parts? :)

21 - 38 of 38 Posts