F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking at getting a tool box for my new Eco and wondered if anyone had any experience with the Gevena brand? Never heard of them before, but a couple of these would fit my needs nicely.

Geneva Truck and Tool Boxes - Sidebed III Boxes

Also strongly considering a WeatherGuard pork chop box because I know they are quality. But I'm concerned it will be too wide for both the box and my quad.

WEATHER GUARD Pork Chop Truck Boxes

Any thoughts or experience with either?

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I looked at the Weather Guard but decided on the SwingCases. Nothing at wrong with the Weather Guard, the SwingCases just better fit my needs!
I like it!
How sturdy/secure do they feel?

·
Registered
943 Posts
I looked at the Weather Guard but decided on the SwingCases. Nothing at wrong with the Weather Guard, the SwingCases just better fit my needs!
Where did you find these? What price?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, the swing cases were one of the first boxes I looked at. I was concerned a plastic box would not hold up in the long run. Looks like you have a tonneau cover. Have you exposed them much rain or cold?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Side note, I've already tried a DeeZee Wheel Well box. Ordered p/n DZ95B. The side of the box looked like a tidal wave when it arrived. It wasn't shipping damage either. Not sure what middle school shop class they have welding those things, but they could use a little practice. Sent that piece back so they could try again!

20131206_190221.jpg 20131206_185856.jpg

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
The better built boxes are top notch. Probably buy a small box for straps and extra tools to fit in the front driverside of my box.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I'm thinking a bakflip with a swing out box on either side.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've got the bakflip f1 and I like it a lot. Nice looking, easy install, class setup. I am thinking the swing cases also. I looked into the Bakbox, but didn't want to have to open the cover all the way to access it. I'm not dragging a bunch of stuff around with me, so I think the swing cases look like the best option for a bed tool box.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I've got the bakflip f1 and I like it a lot. Nice looking, easy install, class setup. I am thinking the swing cases also. I looked into the Bakbox, but didn't want to have to open the cover all the way to access it. I'm not dragging a bunch of stuff around with me, so I think the swing cases look like the best option for a bed tool box.
I just need to hold straps, a monster hook, a small tool kit, and my detailing kit. Should be plenty of storage with two of them.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Yeah, the swing cases were one of the first boxes I looked at. I was concerned a plastic box would not hold up in the long run. Looks like you have a tonneau cover. Have you exposed them much rain or cold?
No, I've had the tonneau cover on sice I bought these.

·
Registered
943 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
i was just going to get a UWS low-pro box with the optional rail, but I really like the bak-flip covers.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I got a swing case at autoanything for $169 just a week or so ago.
I'll keep looking and see if I can't find them for a little less. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The better built boxes are top notch. Probably buy a small box for straps and extra tools to fit in the front driverside of my box.
So that's where I'm at. I know the Weatherguards are top notch but probably too wide. If the Geneva is the same quality level, then I'll probably go that route. Problem is there aren't any distributors close by that I can stop in and take a look. And I don't know anyone who has even heard of them, much less own their products.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts