F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
9,483 Posts
Are you referring to BoostKing as "BK" in your posts, I didn't know that he actually wrote the canned tunes for SCT.

The canned tunes on my 2013 knocked even more than the stock tune did...I can't speak for MPT or 5* as I only had LET and Unleashed on my previous truck.
Yes.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
My understanding is that @Boostking has been doing the Ford vehicle canned tunes for the 2017+ vehicles. He's updated shifting and a few things on older vehicle tunes, that another Calibrator made previous.

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
Tunes are incredibly subjective. Add to that I'm certain that one truck can behave some degree differently than the next. In fact, if I drive all 3 2018's in the family fleet, even the Ford OEM tune doesn't feeeeel the same across all 3 trucks.

On top of that, one person will LOVE the 3rd-1st downshift and the next will absolutely hate it.

That's why tune threads are close cousins to oil threads in my book. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Correct, I've only done the 2017+ trucks for preloads. I didnt do the previous generations.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Your requests are orthogonal. If you add HP, you'll want to enjoy that power, which means your fuel economy will suck.

Mod #1 for power: Tune, ideally with data logging and tweaking as required.
Mod #1 for economy: Install egg under gas pedal.
No, no, the egg goes on top of the gas pedal to act as an interface between the foot and the pedal.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
14 Participants
miniceptor86
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing