F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used the search function first, but I may have missed this...

I have a 2013 and while I was doing some routine maintenance, I managed to leak some coolant out. I have the green stuff in it. I’ve heard I need to change over to orange and I plan to do a flush and go orange sometime the 1st of the year.

Anyhow, my question is, what can I top it off with? I assume I’m not supposed to top it with the orange motor craft on top of the green. I assume the green is what was recommended because I had my engine replaced 11k miles ago and that’s how it came back?

TLDR: What coolant to top off green coolant?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Your 2013 boost should have orange. You should not mix the two types.

Reactions: WooBoost and 94S

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you just need to add a few ounces to top off... Just use distilled water. The ecoboost can benefit in cooling from a more diluted mixture like 60/40.

When you flush and fill it... Grab some Motorcraft VC-1 flush and follow the instructions, and then refill with Motorcraft VC-3 Orange Coolant. Amazon usually has decent prices on both.

You can buy the pre-diluted 50/50, or save a little money and buy distilled water to mix with the concentrated coolant so you can tweak your ratio.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I’ll just top it off with distilled for now and do the flush soon.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I know it’s 3 days old but did you see the new yellow that came out recently, advising late model Ford owners to switch? Higher phosphate properties for better protection.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know it’s 3 days old but did you see the new yellow that came out recently, advising late model Ford owners to switch? Higher phosphate properties for better protection.
I did not. I have not flushed it yet, I just topped it off with distilled. Do you have a link where that’s recommended?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts