F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 Screw 2.7EB 3.73 axle Stock no tunes
With 2,400 miles on it, I figured it was time to finish breaking in the truck. I "inadvertently" found myself on an empty section of the interstate and the throttle some how became jammed for a short time. Looks like my truck is limited to an indicated 103 mph. Felt super stable and definitely did not seem out of "gas" Anyone else had their pedal "stick"? Is 103 the common restriction?

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
I think the hard limit is set to 105 mph, but there is a little error in the digital/analog vs the PCM speed so you are right on the money with your limit.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Why did they put a governor on it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Admodistrator
2,547 Posts
Tires are one of the reasons manufacturers shut down the top end. Don’t want a truck getting close to the tires actual speed rating. I have read somewhere before that some of the Canadian trucks did not have limiters or at least no one had reached them.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I found the limiter on a 75 mph highway (635 express for those in DFW where it runs below ground.

Speed limit is 75 and I went to pass someone. It got to the 100 and change pretty quickly. I was surprised.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I'm curious what the true top end is... as in, how fast can you go before something comes apart. Witness the V6 Mustangs, where people were tuning them and discovering the driveshaft goes to pieces in the vicinity of 130MPH. Negating the limitations of the engine or the tires, how fast could it really go before it got expensive?

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
I've been 130-140 on the dyno. No driveshafts coming undone. Mostly worry about the tires.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Stockers are rated at 118, I believe... and you could do better if you want. But I'm not sure I want to see 130+ in an F150 - at least one that hasn't been substantially modified with a better suspension, lowered, etc.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Did the pedal get stuck on the floor mat maybe?

That happened to me once in my old Cobalt SS, but being a standard I could just clutch in to slow down and un-stick the pedal with my foot.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Did the pedal get stuck on the floor mat maybe?

That happened to me once in my old Cobalt SS, but being a standard I could just clutch in to slow down and un-stick the pedal with my foot.

Is this before or after the key came out of the ignition? Lol my truck was limited to 105 and then the tune took it off

Reactions: UnkleRaRa

·
Registered
137 Posts
Is this before or after the key came out of the ignition? Lol my truck was limited to 105 and then the tune took it off
Lol, luckily I got the recall done before anything like that happened

·
Registered
271 Posts
I don't know if the 2018 don't have a limiter (yet), but my 2013 was right around the 100mph mark.... it never took long to get there passing either.. lol

·
Registered
933 Posts
I don't know if the 2018 don't have a limiter (yet), but my 2013 was right around the 100mph mark.... it never took long to get there passing either.. lol
105 on the 2018s. And yes, it'll slap it in a hurry, especially with the 3.5EBgen2/10-speed combo.

·
Registered
2012 f150 3.5 platinum 4x4
101 Posts
I've been 130-140 on the dyno. No driveshafts coming undone. Mostly worry about the tires.
I've stretched the ol' girls legs up to 130+ ( gps mph) got there very quick still had gear and she was still pulling strong when Iet out..
Eh hmmm.. mexico..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts