F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have torque pro or another app that shows boost and possibly afr????
I already have the Bluetooth dongle and was wondering if any of these apps are worth purchasing until I can get a gauge setup installed??

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
I had the original torque free app when I had my Droid 3 and loved it. Very user friendly. I went back in time and now have a flip phone and an ipod touch and APPLE upsets me alot because they will not let you bluetooth to ANYTHING other than headsets (and a few other phone accessories)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
That's all I run, it's dead nuts on to my datalogs, I use the real fast MT one and it works way way better than the cheaper one, I use a splitter to datalog and it's crazy how identical the log is. I've got mine set up to monitor cat temps, KR, oil coolant, rpm, speed, AFR, ambient, and IAT.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So torque pro can be setup to run boost and afr's as well as a few other items on screen?
I read it is customizable as well?
What is the difference between torque and torque pro?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
So torque pro can be setup to run boost and afr's as well as a few other items on screen?
I read it is customizable as well?
What is the difference between torque and torque pro?
Yes you can customize it, and runs butt load of different things, does 0-60 and 1/4 mile times too. Now mind you these are not accurate, they are just a model to go by to see if you've improved.

Don't know the difference

·
Registered
608 Posts
Buy the Pro version. Support the developer. Lite version hasn't been updated in almost a year, Pro is updated regularly. Well with the $5. Differences are attached.

uploadfromtaptalk1391396510485.jpg

Sent while enjoying a Pabst

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have torque pro. For 5$ its a great deal. The pro version is way better and ad free

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
608 Posts
So do you need anything besides your phone?
Your phone, Blue tooth dongle, and Torque and you're peachy.

Sent while enjoying a Pabst

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
So it's a hundred for the dongle and $100 for the software?
Damn
No you don't need the software, just the dongle unless you wanna datalog with it. Software is for the computer. I don't have the software

·
Registered
62 Posts
So of works in conjunction with an ap?
You need the Torque Pro app AND a Bluetooth OBDII dongle to interface with the truck and provide Torque with data. The ODBLinkMX dongle that cbvet refers to is a really good dongle, and will provide you with the best results. You can ALSO buy desktop software from them, but you don't need it.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Chad, does your afr ever blink out and hit zero like the app or dongle hiccups?

1 - 20 of 134 Posts