F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi thank you for any help in advance.

When I put the truck into 4WD automatic it torque steers to the right --> what I would consider to be quite a bit. No load/no acceleration just going down the road not very noticeable. When I give it some gas it will pull to the right and I have to correct with the steering wheel. Take it out of 4wd auto and she goes straight no problem. Car is aligned no more than 5K miles ago.

Also, it makes a "humming" sound that I can physically feel through the peddle. I notice it, I seriously doubt a passenger can, but it is obvious to me. I have always felt/heard this since day one, didn't notice the torque steer early on. Have not tried in 4WD low or high. Just in auto...

Car is a 2015 F150 3.5L Eco Screw. It is the off road/rear locker type. It has 50,000mi.

Any help appreciated. Still has a warranty so I will use that if necessary.

·
Registered
576 Posts
4A does result in some increased NVH, which is normal. The pull to the right is abnormal, and makes me wonder if you have an IWE issue causing less/no power to the LF wheel.

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
4A does result in some increased NVH, which is normal. The pull to the right is abnormal, and makes me wonder if you have an IWE issue causing less/no power to the LF wheel.
Exactly what I would have said.

I can "feeeeel" 4A through the steering wheel and lightly in my bare feet on the throttle. (I have a spinal chord injury with diminished feeling below T7)

But I do NOT notice any pull one way or the other. So something is amiss?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what I thought. I think I would have noticed this in the past, so I believe it is new.

Off to the dealership...

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Try it in 4WD also. As said above, I can feel that there is a difference when in 4WD (especially when backing up and turning). But no torque steer or pulling.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
From what I understand, the 4 Auto setting uses a clutch to apply power back through the transfer case. It sounds like others have mentioned, that one hub is not being engaged and thus the powered side is pulling you (torque steer)

Try 4WD (full) and see if the result is the same. This should engage the clutch fully and send power through all 4 constantly. If the torque steer is still there, I would assume the hub is not engaged and take it to the dealership to get fixed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts