F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,
been meaning to get this together for a while now, so here it is...

Order a standard set of Tow Mirrors from a local store http://www.findapart.ca/ and got the basic features, power tilt, heat, led turn signals, and puddle light. I didn't get the power fold/telescoping options as they aren't going to impact day-day use.

Time to install 20 Mins for both sides.

So The tools I used..
2 picks, to remove covers for screws in the doors
3 sockets, 6mm 8mm and 11mm
I used a socket driver on a drill but it is not nessicary, you can use a ratchet.

Step 1
Remove covers in the door pull and behind hinge with the picks.

then use the 8mm socket to remove the screws in those 2 places.

Step 2
Use the 6mm to remove the two screws on the bottom of the door panel

Step 3
Lift and pull the door out, left mine attached to the wiring as it was going back on after changing the mirror out

Step 4
remove the wiring harness and Use the 11mm socket to remove the 3 nuts holding the mirror assembly in place

Installation is the opposite order!

Now on mine, since I didn't like the look of all black on the mirror, I masked the top part, sanded the texture off with burgandy scotch brite. Takes a while to get it just right. Count on 30 mins per side

Washed with soap and water. Let dry.
Sprayed with Adhesion Promoter. Let dry

Painted it with 3 coats of Base, and 4 coats of clear coat to match my truck.

Before Mirror swap

Before Paint

After

·
Registered
344 Posts
Nice!!!

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Looks great! Is the 'after' picture with the faux-raptor grill with the mirrors extended or retracted?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks great! Is the 'after' picture with the faux-raptor grill with the mirrors extended or retracted?
mirrors are "in" I'm not driving a Ram LOL I dont drive around "tow mirrors out" all the time.
Do you guys want Mirrors out pics?

Forgot to leave feedback
Usability - So I haven't used them to defrost ice but they burn the dew off much faster than the OEM mirrors. lights all work fine, no issues
Visibility - HUGELY improved with a slide in truck camper vs my old mirrors. Will never buy a truck without this style again. They took a while to get used to them since they have 2 different focal points (top is normal mirror, bottom is convex for blind spot which is awesome)
Quality - No issues.. we'll see how they perform in a Canadian Winter :)

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Looks a awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Black Magic...I think?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Looks great man, nice write-up!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Mirrors look great man!!

Reactions: reider03

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Looks good. Making me think more and more that I should just get these instead of the new ones.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts