F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been driving a 2016 Ecoboost 3.5 with the max tow package and tow mirrors for the past 3 years. I specifically chose that vehicle because it had the tow mirrors and would be used to pull our travel trailer.
As my lease was coming up I started my search. My requirements were the screw, 3.5 eco, max tow package, 36 gal gas tank and tow mirrors.
Unfortunately I could not find one with tow mirrors and had to settle for one without the mirrors. I did request about swapping stock for tow mirrors for $699 but I figured I would see how the stock mirrors were.
After one day, I really miss the view of the tow mirrors and plan on making the change.
I guess I just don’t understand why they aren’t more standard on vehicles with the max tow package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Yeah, I love my Max Tow mirrors just for everyday driving.. I don't have to even look over my shoulder when merging onto the hwy anymore. Towing the trailer, of course, it's better too, and I don't even have to pull them out.. I only have a 7.5' wide trailer and it makes no difference in view if the mirrors are extended or not.

Mitch

·
Registered
473 Posts
Wouldn't have a truck without them. My 09 came with standard mirrors and I towed one season with them using extensions before getting a set of proper mirrors and swapping them out. Sold the originals in a couple of days locally.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'd like to have tow mirrors, but I would need power fold ones. And I feel like I wouldn't be able to make that happen in my XLT?

For now I just use the CIPA slip on's. They aren't great by any means but better than just the stock ones.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Why do you NEED power fold?

2016 2.7 4x4 screw
With the current stock mirrors I clear our fence by about 1/2 inch, maybe less. Pretty much same for the garage, but there is room to spare there. If I didn't have the fence, I could make it work. I just can't see myself getting out of the truck after I pull in the driveway to fold in the mirror(s). Could it be done? Sure. Do I want to? No. LOL

·
Administrator
10,244 Posts
Yes.

Pull the sail panel (black trim piece on the interior behind the mirror). It comes off easy with no tools, then unplug the mirror and count the pins. I'm almost positive you have an 8 pin.

2016 2.7 4x4 screw

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes.

Pull the sail panel (black trim piece on the interior behind the mirror). It comes off easy with no tools, then unplug the mirror and count the pins. I'm almost positive you have an 8 pin.

2016 2.7 4x4 screw
Do you have a pic or diagram to reference?
Do you have experience with the mirrors from A1 Auto? I was looking at them on EBay but not sure I want to go with something not oem in fear of them being junk.

·
Administrator
10,244 Posts
I don't, but it's very simple. It's the black triangle shaped piece of trim, it pops right off.

I haven't used 1A Auto, but they come highly recommended. I have SYPPO tow mirrors on my truck.

2016 2.7 4x4 screw

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't, but it's very simple. It's the black triangle shaped piece of trim, it pops right off.

I haven't used 1A Auto, but they come highly recommended. I have SYPPO tow mirrors on my truck.

2016 2.7 4x4 screw
On the inside of the car correct?

·
Registered
589 Posts
As to why tow mirrors or for that matter max tow package being hard to find, I would hazard a guess that CAFE has a bearing on how many Ford produces. Low gearing, elephant ear mirrors, heavier truck.

·
Registered
113 Posts

2016 2.7 4x4 screw
For what it's worth, I bought a replacement passenger side mirror from 1A Auto and was extremely pleased with both the shipping and the quality of the mirror.

·
Registered
93 Posts

2016 2.7 4x4 screw
Thats a heck of a good price on the SYPPO ones. But they say 2015-2017. I am guessing they won't work on a 2018? For that price I might get out and fold the mirror lol.

·
Administrator
10,244 Posts
The '18 trucks have an ambient temperature sensor in the mirrors that the earlier 13th gens don't. It'll fit up fine and plug up, but you'll have problems.

2016 2.7 4x4 screw

·
Registered
580 Posts
Thats a heck of a good price on the SYPPO ones. But they say 2015-2017. I am guessing they won't work on a 2018? For that price I might get out and fold the mirror lol.
Syppo mirrors suck, mine lasted all of 8 months before they were garbage. The chrome caps were pitted and flaking by 4 months, passenger side mirror would fold in on itself if it was extended at 70mph and the glass vibration got worse and worse until i had to put my stock ones back on.

May try the ones from !1A Auto, hopefully they hold up better to Michigan's ****ty roads and weather.

·
Administrator
10,244 Posts
Mine are over 2 years old and still fantastic. They don't rattle or wiggle in the wind or anything like that, and the black plastic still looks great (though I do keep a product on them).

2016 2.7 4x4 screw

1 - 20 of 25 Posts