F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Mine are over 2 years old and still fantastic. They don't rattle or wiggle in the wind or anything like that, and the black plastic still looks great (though I do keep a product on them).

2016 2.7 4x4 screw
They are probably hit or miss on quality, and there is zero warranty so buying is a risk. I liked them the first few months. the chrome caps were washed and waxed just like the rest of the PVD chrome on the truck, they were the only ones with issues though. It was real fun trying to push the mirror back out while moving, wife really enjoyed that lol, ended up having to drive with the passenger side retracted which is the one i needed most and defeated the whole purpose of tow mirrors. Plus people always made the "hey, one of your mirrors isn't out" comment assuming it wasn't intentional.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm in the same boat! Just got a 2018 but it has regular mirrors. Are the tow mirrors a straight swap on a platinum?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
The '18 trucks have an ambient temperature sensor in the mirrors that the earlier 13th gens don't. It'll fit up fine and plug up, but you'll have problems.

2016 2.7 4x4 screw
Syppo now has an updated version for 2108 and newer F150s that include the Ambient Ar Temperature sensor in the right side mirror. Same price ($255). I put them on my 2019 XLT today and they work great. I haven't checked for highway noise yet which was an issue with the older ones.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Is there any way to use the older mirrors without the temperature sensor? Didn’t know if you could shut it off with forscan.

QUOTE="mwemaxxowner, post: 1243420, member: 15410"]
The '18 trucks have an ambient temperature sensor in the mirrors that the earlier 13th gens don't. It'll fit up fine and plug up, but you'll have problems.

2016 2.7 4x4 screw
[/QUOTE]

21 - 25 of 25 Posts