F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question as to towing, is there a break in period before I can tow, I recieved my new truck saturday and a friend of mine said you have to have 2500 miles on it before you can tow a trailer and in the manual I found it said to not drive over 70 mph for the first 500 miles, is there a certain weight limit to not pull when new??

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Manual sez put 1000 miles on it before towing. Other than that you're good to go!

Congratulations on your purchase. We need pictures...

·
Registered
589 Posts
With Mike on break in period 1k and your good to go. I waited until 3k on my tach but really that was due to my trailer getting quarterly maintenance done. Started out pulling 50% of the max load just so I see how the truck and trailer reacted after a 200 mile trip after that I was comfortable to go 100% from than on...
There are some that take extra steps on breaking in and really its up to you and how you want to condition your truck.
Congrats again on the new truck safe towing!

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
+2 on 1k break in. You will be amazed how this truck pulls a load. I regularly tow, and I have three different trailers I use frequently- a 20 ft deck over, a 14 ft dump trailer (both 14k gvw) and a 14ft cargo trailer (7k gvw). All of these trailers are easily pulled by the EB.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
The owners manual said not to pull for the first 1000 miles. Then you can pull, but avoid full-throttle starts for the next 500 miles and dont exceed 70 mph. I dont remember which page it was on but it was in the manual. Congrats on the 'boost!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
1k on the ODO and your ready to tow!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
SPPD
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing