F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be getting my factory ordered EB in two weeks and I want to take my boat out how long should I wait before towing it? Total combined weight is 2500 lbs. sold my old truck a month ago I'm itching to go fishing!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Owner's manual says 1000 miles no tow for the EcoBoost engine. It really killed me but I waited for 1000 miles before I pulled my boat for the first time, weighs same as yours. I used the break-in as an excuse to drive around a bit just to accumulate some miles.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Yake is correct. No towing for first 1,000 miles.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have friends that actually help design and build these motors (modern motors) for Ford, GM, BMW and Mercedes commercial vehicles. They have all told me time and time again break in periods are more legal crap then reality, and kind of an old way of thinking. I would guess it's always better to go by the book and just wait the 1000 miles it's asking you to just to cover your own butt. At the same time your boat only weighs 2500 pounds (combined weight) it's not like you are reaching the limit of tow capacity. I am way too impatient to wait for anything, I would hook my boat up to my truck and be fishing the same day I picked it up lol.

·
Registered
114 Posts
towing the boat

I had about 800 miles on my new truck when i took my 18' champion to the lake, dealer told me not to worry about it, i think they want you to get substantial mileage on it before you go towing heavy trailers ant like, you wont even know that boat is behind you, i hauled my boat back and forth from the lakes for 4-5 weeks, the truck is awesome 355 rear end 4x4, good luck fishing,and i still have not found time to post pictures yet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts