F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just from looking at the two different guides from Ford I'm wondering what they have changed to get the difference in gvwr and max trailer weight.
the 2012 ecoboost Screw with 3.31 axle is 14000 and 8100
the 2013 ecoboost Screw with 3.31 axle is 15100 and 9200
just wondering where the extra 1100# came from.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Lol not sure probably just Fords confidence it can handle it

·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was looking into maybe buying a tuner for my '13 EB, and was advised to hold-off for now, and until tunes were released for the '13 model year... Apparently Ford increased the size of the turbos on the '13s?

I have no idea whether this is true or not, or whether this has any bearing on the OP's question but that was the response I received from Franchi Motorsports on another forum... Here's the response I received to my PM on 28th Feb 13:

"The SCT SF3 3015 comes with three preloaded tunes on it for the Ecoboost, a 87, 91 and 93 octane, the 87 is designed for daily driving, towing with good boost in power and the 91 and 93 are more performance oriented tunes, for gains of 51 horses to the wheels and 110 torque.

Now for the 2013 Ecoboost, SCT is revising the tunes for them because the 13 model has slightly larger turbos then the 11 and 12 and they haven't released the updated tunes yet so the tuner wont work for your truck until they do. I talked to them last week and they said the release should be anywhere from a couple days to a couple weeks until the update, they just have to tweak the tunes a bit for the larger turbos. It's a very small difference in sizing but enough the tunes need revised to compensate for it."

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hum... Try pinging our vendors on here under their vendor/supporter threads. The 2013 from what I have read is a little touchier. There are some tuners that are on the market all ready for the 2013. I am not sure about bigger turbos but I do not the BOV is electronic and not Mechanical like the 11s and 12s, I am sure they did some more updates.
I would recommend talking to the guys at 3 stage motorsports, MAK performance, unleashed tuning they are in the know

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
AK-KingBoost
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing