F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer told me that I have to install the wiring harness and fuses that came in the glove box (9l3t-15a416-ac) in order to tow anything and have the lights and electrical work on the trailer. I thought that harness is just for adding a brake controller. I do not have a trailer to test out so I would like some help from someone that may know. Thanks

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Mine cam ready to roll out of the box. But it also has the towing package and break controller.
Never heard of anything like that before. sounds like the dealer is pushing his prep work on you.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Mine cam ready to roll out of the box. But it also has the towing package and break controller. Never heard of anything like that before. sounds like the dealer is pushing his prep work on you.
Yeah. There have been a few people that said that but mine came ready from the dealership ready to tow.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did not get the heavy duty towing package. I just got the regular tow package with both connections in the rear without the brake controller

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you only have to add the fuses for the trailer brake application or are they needed for proper operation of lights and whatnot while towing?

·
Registered
838 Posts
I did not get the heavy duty towing package. I just got the regular tow package with both connections in the rear without the brake controller
I have a brake controller and upgraded atf cooler but regular mirrors. Ford has way too many combos!

·
Registered
28 Posts
There is a fuse in your glove box that u need to plug into the fuse panel to make the truck charge your trailer batteries as you tow

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea. I'll prob throw the fuse abs the relay in. I don't know why they couldn't do that at the dealership or at the factory though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had to install mine when I got the truck. There is also an electrical plug cover with the parts in the glove which is used to protect your rear view camera plug if you take the tailgate off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts