F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Im in the minority it seems, I tow my travel trailer with a 5* 91 tow tune. With the bigger radiator, 170 tstat and bigger intercooler I'm not worried about heat anymore. To me it's worth it just for the trans tuning. The truck downshifts more aggressively on the grades and just feels better all around. I lock out 6th and set my cruise at 60 and forget all about it. As for music its usually a dirty heads centered Playlist

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown.... Oops, I mean 2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Shiney White
12,640 Posts
Mine is a couple's camper also. Also theater seating with the perks. LED lighting inside and out. Fireplace. Subwoofer built in. Outdoor kitchen with the works. Rear camera. Lots and lots more options. I love it.
I'm pretty sure yours is more luxurious than mine.
By a couple of thousand lbs of length and features.

Reactions: Boatwaco

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
I'm pretty sure yours is more luxurious than mine.
By a couple of thousand lbs of length and features.
Well I just can't bring myself to live in it fulltime.

Reactions: Boatwaco

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown.... Oops, I mean 2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Shiney White
12,640 Posts
You have a lady in your life.
You best not even try. :)
It keeps them away

·
Registered
9,076 Posts
You have a lady in your life.
You best not even try. :)
It keeps them away
I pitched the idea of buying some land and parking a big 5th on it. It didn’t get completely shot down by the wife.

·
Registered
9,076 Posts
Im in the minority it seems, I tow my travel trailer with a 5* 91 tow tune. With the bigger radiator, 170 tstat and bigger intercooler I'm not worried about heat anymore. To me it's worth it just for the trans tuning. The truck downshifts more aggressively on the grades and just feels better all around. I lock out 6th and set my cruise at 60 and forget all about it. As for music its usually a dirty heads centered Playlist
I was in the minority. Ive tried tow tunes from 5*, Unleashed, BCB and Gearhead. 5* and BCB push the truck to hard IMHO(especially towing in the rockies) and Unleashed and Gearhead just were not polished. Gearhead is probably the safest tune, and the one I would trust to use, but it’s shifting schedule was terrible. Worse than stock. But of course its one of their AO tunes and they wont adjust it, so it got tossed aside.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I would maybe only recommend a trans file to better situate the shifting while towing. But even that’s skeptical depending on who writes it as they tend to remove truncation and torque management. All that SAVE the trans from grenading when under full load @ WOT.

There’s a reason why my recommendation list is small, lol.
I see your point. Certainly valid concerns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 47 of 47 Posts