F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a 2013 ecoboost and i already have and intake but am looking at mbrp dual exhaust and livernois programmer. I was wondering if the tranny/drivetrain on the ecoboost will be able to support the added power pulling a load.  Id be pulling either an 18' car trailer or 24' gooseneck drop deck trailer with a derby car so total load being pulled would be between 8-10k. I pulled one car already and seemed to do fine but just looking for a little more power and fuel mileage. 

·
Registered
589 Posts
The tranny is the same as that of the Superduty and rated to hold the massive loads and tq they can shell out! The only recommend is to use a tune or power level designed for tuning and drive like you're towing not racing which I am sure you are doing. Really I don't think you have to worry as the tranny and Eco can safely handle it.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Livernois has tow specific tunes. When you order your programmer, you can select any 4 custom tunes. Make sure you select the tow tune you want because you cannot​ tow with a performance tune from livernois.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Kc311
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing