F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hauled the old 1990 f-150 down through the deep ozarks to a friends house this weekend, 200 mile 1 way, i don't know what the truck and trailer weighed but they had the new beast a squatting a bit, lots of big hills last time on the highway was averaging 22.4 averager 10 on the trip down, and 16.4 on the way back with empty trailer love the electric brakes and tow haul mode, lots of power currently have 4000 miles on the new truck

2013 lariat, blue jean metallic, 4x4, 355 rear end, chrome package, linex spray in liner, truxedo tonneau cover, tail gate step

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just by looking at how far the 90' is up on the trailer, had you brought it back some and leveled it out you would have rode smoother. I once towed an open trailer a 2011 GMC Denali 2500 HD Duramax truck from Lampasas back to Dallas, TX. What I did was reversed the truck in so it wouldn't bottom out Shiela, as it was a huge ass truck! But the EcoBoost never feared and had a pissed off GMC guy try to outrun me pullin a maybe 10' enclosed trailer. I can hear him stomp on the gas and all I did was just smoothly rolled into the gas pedal without having to stomp on it and dusted his behind...I had this Sh*t eating grin on my face...what damn good day!

You faired well on gas mileage not bad, just remember balance the trailer and you should be able to pick up 2mpgs.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
advice

Thanks for the advice, it is well appreciated and will keep that in mind next time i run into that situation, have a great day

1 - 4 of 4 Posts