F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
toyo-Open Country A:T II.png

Toyo has release some new sizes of it's popular Open Country A/T II tires. The one I'm most interested in is the 295/70/18. Has anyone run these tires before?

They are heavy (64 pounds), however they have a nice max load weighting, 3 ply sideall and they are S rated tires.

opat-ii-aggressive-sidewall.jpg

·
Registered
589 Posts
Dan- I am running the E-Rated verison. Epic tire even on ice. They are a bit on the heavy side but they hold up really well. I have seen little to no wear and all ready have about 10k miles on them (Towing 9k plus and 2,000 payload often)... Road noise is right on track with stock. I run them at about 50psi when not loaded and that really makes them ride about as smooth as the factory but loaded I put them up to 75psi with no issues. Snow and mud performance is really well and allowed me to run most of the winter in 2wd (600-800lbs in the bed) something I couldn't do with stock tires. I choice these of the BFG AT only because I was told they stopped better on ice; which I can vouch that they do...

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input AK. What size are you running?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dan- I am running the E-Rated verison. Epic tire even on ice. They are a bit on the heavy side but they hold up really well. I have seen little to no wear and all ready have about 10k miles on them (Towing 9k plus and 2,000 payload often)... Road noise is right on track with stock. I run them at about 50psi when not loaded and that really makes them ride about as smooth as the factory but loaded I put them up to 75psi with no issues. Snow and mud performance is really well and allowed me to run most of the winter in 2wd (600-800lbs in the bed) something I couldn't do with stock tires. I choice these of the BFG AT only because I was told they stopped better on ice; which I can vouch that they do...
I too have these tires. Only put around 10,000 km on them but they have been great. It was hard to pick these over the duratrac and bfg at's but I'm glad I did. Great traction, great look & no noise. I like how it's like a hybrid between their at's & mt's. I am off road a lot but I weekly have to do a 1,000 km trip on the highway; With these tires I get the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I had them on my previous Wrangler. I can say that they are decent all-around tires. Provides good traction on wet and dry roads. Although, they whine a bit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just put these on about a month ago. Decided to run 295/60/r20 with a 2 inch front level kit. Love the aggressive look. I looked at the Nitto terra grappler and BF Goodrich t/a ko. But these were cheaper and I actually like the looks better. Road noise is minimum wet and dry traction is great. It hasn't rained enough to get into any good mud and cannot speak on ice or snow traction yet since it is summer but I believe it should do just fine.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I just put on 35x12.5 AT II's. These things are great. They look like a mud terrain tire at that size. They are pretty nasty

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just put on 35x12.5 AT II's. These things are great. They look like a mud terrain tire at that size. They are pretty nasty
Do you have a lift? I have a 2011 FX4 with a 2.5" Procomp Leveling Kit. Trying to decide if 35X12.5X20 AT II's will fit on stock wheels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts