F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a set of these they are pretty much brand new.. 35x12.50x20.. Gonna wait till a lil closer to winter to throw them on.. I will try to get some pictures tonight when i get home from work

2012 F150 EcoBoost Lariat

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had a set of these on a jeep wrangler that I used to own. They are surprisingly quite for the most part. U can feel them at real low speeds, almost like a rumbling feel at take of but they smooth out nice. they are pretty much unstoppable in the mud. As soon as I burn up my Nitto's I will be replacing them with these on mine. 2012 Lariat Ecoboost Supercrew 5.5' bed!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On another note, do u have a lift on ur truck or will these fit with a leveling kit?
I'm going to try to stuff them in without anything.. They say 35s will fit with just a leveling kit. But since I have a different offset on my wheels and an aftermarket bumper I'm going to try and see if they fit

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Good luck with the offset... My 305/55/20 trail grapplers were the absolute largest I could fit on my truck with a level. 295/70/20 weren't even close to fitting. Couldn't even get a 45* turn with those bad boys!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'd at least put a leveling kit on there to give you the extra clearance, those are a pretty good size tire to throw on stock and you don't want to have any rubbing when turning

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I'm good give it a go and if i need the leveling kit i will throw it on we shall see closer to winter lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Post a pic in the winter, Ill be putting on at least 33s around the winter if not sooner, hopefully it works out for ya

·
Registered
181 Posts
I had Open Country MT's on my Wrangler, and I can say that they really great off the road but not so good on road at speeds above 50mph.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Try the Cooper STT as an alternative. Just like the Toyo they are great off road and as good as it gets on road for a MT tire. Oh, they are much cheaper too.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The stt's are a super soft tire. Don't get allot of miles out if them. Guys are getting 40 to 60k out of these toyos

·
Registered
394 Posts
Last set of Toyo Open Country Mud Terrains I had (33x12.5x18) had 56,600 miles on them when I traded the truck in. I easily had another 10-15,000 miles left on them. And, they were quiet on the highway for a mt tire.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Last set of Toyo Open Country Mud Terrains I had (33x12.5x18) had 56,600 miles on them when I traded the truck in. I easily had another 10-15,000 miles left on them. And, they were quiet on the highway for a mt tire.
That's why i got them

·
Registered
5 Posts
I guess if you are getting 60k out of them it could justify the extra cost. I had 33k on my stt when I sold my nismo frontier and they had a good 10k left on them.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I guess if you are getting 60k out of them it could justify the extra cost. I had 33k on my stt when I sold my nismo frontier and they had a good 10k left on them.
I think so. That's why I already put a set of them on my ecoboost. I love the look of them, the performance, and the life I get out of them.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well they are going on the truck on Thursday. Can't wait! Will post pictures whenever i pick it back up

·
Registered
565 Posts
Try the Cooper STT as an alternative. Just like the Toyo they are great off road and as good as it gets on road for a MT tire. Oh, they are much cheaper too.
I wouldnt recommend the STT's if you have to do any kind of driving on snow and ice they dont hook up and dont want to stop. thats the set on my dads chevy at least

·
Registered
868 Posts
i wonder how they would bite in dry loose dirt if someone was pulling something with them ?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts