F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everything doing about the tpms with after market wheels? Does aftermarket sets work with the factory system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
74 Posts
Had mine swapped into the new wheels. Think its easy. Guy only took a few minutes.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
10 4 didnt know if that could b done or not thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ive been wondering what to do as well. My truck came with the 18" chrome clad rims....they don't look bad but i have a set of 17" factory aluminum rims that i think look better that i bought for my dads truck 2 years ago that he doesn't use (and i bought them so i took them back lol) but they don't have tpms sensors in them. Ive never been a huge fan of tpms sensors anyways, one more thing to replace when they malfunction (my moms new car has been having problems with them) so i just put my old rims on and didnt worry about it. The light and warning are annoying but cheaper than buying another set of sensors as i do still use the original wheels during the winter (the 17" rims have a pretty used set of wrangler MTR's on them that wouldnt really like the snow around here lol) and im not sure what im going to replace them with. Id like to get a set of 315/70/17 but i dont think i can mount them on a stock wheel, so i may have to settle for a set of 285's. sad thing is the 315's on my 17" rim are cheaper than the stock size for the 18" rim.....another reason i dont like those rims. I wish i could just turn the light off so it wouldnt come on. would make things much easier lol

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
I had mine moved into the new wheels. It's an easy transfer but tire shops still charge a crazy amount for it.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
I was just in my local tire shop and they can install the TPMS for you. He said it comes from Ford and was around C$45 (pretty much the same price my local Ford dealer wanted). The REAL cost is to have them "re-set it".

I am decided to buy a set of 4 new Winter Tires with rims, and use them for my winter driving. I chose 17" because the cost of 17" with rims is only a couple hundred more than the same tire but in 20" (for the stock rims) ... plus I don't have to get my stock rims beat up in winter driving.

I decided NOT to install the TPMS on it and just ignore the 'Warning Light" ... I'll place a piece of black electrical tape over the reading if it bugs me.

I'll re-set the TPMS myself in the Spring when I re-install my Factory 20" rims. I read the manual and it's not rocket science. The procedure is pretty straight forward.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts