F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone haven't intermittent tpms with aftermarket tires?

For the last 3k miles I'm having intermittent tpms faults. Ford has changed out all sensors thinking that was the issue. Bit it is still going on. Has anyone had this issue? 33/12.5/18 toyo open country mts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Ya I've seen it before. There's a guy we get at our shop who comes in every now and again and his light keeps coming on with aftermarket rims. We just retrain them and it works again. Not really sure why they do it but a retrain always does it. I'm guessing your tires are not actually losing air?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They retrain it every time. N they arnt losing air. They all have 46.5

·
Registered
32 Posts
Isn't that high for air pressure? I know they are usually 35 psi. If it's too high it can cause TPMS light to come on

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
35 is for passenger tires. XL e rated tires take more pressure as they have thicker sidewalks.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Toyo 10ply.

·
Registered
77 Posts
They can come on intermittently for many reasons. Too much pressure is a big reason. I know from a tire standpoint that there needs to be more air in the LT tires due to more plys etc. but the trucks computer doesnt know that. It will still look for factory parameters. I would try running about 40 psi (with no trailer or load in the bed) to see if it is still having the issue. Also, hot tires= more pressure than a cold tire.

When your tires were replaced it is possible that the sensor was cracked and damaged (happens ALL of the time)

Lastly, and RF communication can create interferrance. If your TPMS has the same RFID as a closer car that can be a factor too. Pay attenetion to when/where you are having this issue example, by a radio tower, power lines, certain buildings

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They can come on intermittently for many reasons. Too much pressure is a big reason. I know from a tire standpoint that there needs to be more air in the LT tires due to more plys etc. but the trucks computer doesnt know that. It will still look for factory parameters. I would try running about 40 psi (with no trailer or load in the bed) to see if it is still having the issue. Also, hot tires= more pressure than a cold tire. When your tires were replaced it is possible that the sensor was cracked and damaged (happens ALL of the time) Lastly, and RF communication can create interferrance. If your TPMS has the same RFID as a closer car that can be a factor too. Pay attenetion to when/where you are having this issue example, by a radio tower, power lines, certain buildings

Il try the pressure thing. But none of the sensors r damaged. They have all been replaced n the past 1000 miles since the issue has started

1 - 8 of 8 Posts