F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I have a 2013 ecoboost XLT 4x4. Just bought a set of almost new 2012/2013 style Raptor wheels and tires and will be picking them up Wednesday. Still need to install my leveling kit too. Anyways, they have the TPMS still in them so I won't have to put mine in. My question is about the learning or programming of the sensors. Do I need to use the reset tool (TPMS-19) to get my truck to recognize the raptor sensors or will the procedure in the user manual work? I tried to search but can't find a definite answer. I plan to keep my stock wheels for winter and wondering if I should pick up the tool or not necessary. :confused:

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
USually the tire shops have them.

iBoost like #9

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
The tool seems like it would be more for ease of use. If I were going to be changing them back and forth, I would want the tool. I wouldn't have to go through the long, drawn-out procedure to program them every time. Either way, it should work each time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The tool will make it easier. The ideal way to deal with. 2 sets of rims is to have the stock sensor id's written onto programmable sensors. That way the truck wont even know when you swap wheels.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
IMG_4157.PNG

OK so I picked up and installed my wheels yesterday. I love the transformation. No TPMS light yet but I know eventually it will see a problem. I ordered the TPMS-19 tool so I can have one of my own. My other question now is when I go through the retrain procedure with the tool, the Raptor wheels are recommended to be at 44psi while my stock tires were 35psi. Is this going to be a problem or does the sensor just recognize when there is a change in or loss of air pressure? Like a 5 or 10 psi change? Or will the dash not light up until a bigger drop in pressure because of the additional 9 psi in the raptor wheels?

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
The TPMS sensor comes on after you drive 20 minutes. I noticed mine "resets" when I get home (stock wheels are in the garage) and I restart the next day.

However, when I've driven overnight somewhere, and restarted the light comes on.

PS: There is a procedure for setting your TPMS in your owners manual. Part of the procedure is having your tires at your desired pressure and letting a little air out of the correct tire one at a time. The sequence is in the manual.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts