F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of getting some Raptor "take off" wheels.
Is it easier to re-program the new wheels or is there a way to deactivate the TPMS?

·
Registered
588 Posts
The TPMS should work and is a easy re-program on the truck. I had mine done with the new 10 ply (E) tires installed on my truck (35psi vs 80psi).

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Is there anyway to check the tire pressure from the truck? On my brother in laws Tahoe you can get a reading for each tire from the dash.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Raider- not that I have found... On the productive screen you just get a good status no numbers

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Raider- not that I have found... On the productive screen you just get a good status no numbers
This is the only part of the truck that disappoints me-- the info screen. Seems like they left a lot on the table. Tire pressure, boost should have been included at a minimum.

Attachments

Reactions: BlueMonte

·
Registered
588 Posts
I totally agree with you! It just seems like a easy fix and one I hope on the 2015 is addressed.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I agree to! At least a boost guage...

·
Registered
73 Posts
The TPMS should work and is a easy re-program on the truck. I had mine done with the new 10 ply (E) tires installed on my truck (35psi vs 80psi).
How does your truck ride with the 10 ply E rated tires. I'm thinking of going to E rated tires but I don't want to lose the nice ride.

·
Registered
588 Posts
How does your truck ride with the 10 ply E rated tires. I'm thinking of going to E rated tires but I don't want to lose the nice ride.
It actually rides really smooth and handles turns a lot flatter (less roll affects). Stock tires were a little smoother but not by much but tread life faded super fast. I went with Toyo's New Open Country II bc they are not loud on the road and have awesome grip off-road. I have no regrets going with the 10ply and I didn't have any MPG difference even with going a size bigger.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Changing the rotational mass will have an effect on fuel economy,there is no doubt about that. Also tire drag plays a big part in this as well. My summer tires and winter tires are the same circumference but my winter "package"(steel rims and 18") are heavier and the tread is way softer creating more drag then my summer "package"(alloys with 20") I see about a 2mpg difference between the 2. Small price to pay for traction and confidence.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Lol! Well worth a loss in mpg over wasting gas trying to get out of a snow drift!

Reactions: fx4 4fun

·
Registered
523 Posts
This is the only part of the truck that disappoints me-- the info screen. Seems like they left a lot on the table. Tire pressure, boost should have been included at a minimum.
Without a doubt that feature should exist. Our '05 Tahoe, '07 Denali, '09 G8 GT had this feature, being able to read exact tire pressure from any of the four tires.

The government requirement (TREAD act) is for manufacturers to put an idiot light mandate by September 1, 2007 all vehicles manufactured must have tire pressure warning indication. Level that the warning indicator will illuminate on the dashboard varies from 25% below recommended pressure on direct TPMS systems to 30% below for indirect (ABS involved and calculated) TPMS systems.

Ford did near the absolute minimum on this system in our trucks. The required warning indicator the only additional feature is the IP display of "low tire pressure".

Just today while driving down the highway in a heavy thunderstorm I got the warning indicator and the additional message on the IP "low tire pressure". While driving I used the mirrors to visually check the rear tires, they appeared fine. The front wasn't pulling and gave no indication through the wheel there was an issue. Didn't want to risk issue in pulling off a busy highway in a down pour to find out what I suspected was a malfunction. When I got home, inspected and verified tire pressure, no issues found.

Now what would cause the low tire pressure warning without the condition existing? Something is malfunctioning.

·
Registered
7,626 Posts
A 2-5 psi difference on my Car sets of the monitor in the dash. I assume the same on truck. It's not like an instant flat monitor.

·
Registered
523 Posts
After several key on sequences today and about 150 miles no more low tire pressure message or indicator on the IP. Gremlins at play here? All tires with factory Nitrogen are measuring 33 to 34 PSI.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was thinking of getting some Raptor "take off" wheels.
Is it easier to re-program the new wheels or is there a way to deactivate the TPMS?

IMG_4157.PNG

Here's mine, just put them on yesterday! Also have a Hell Bent Steel 2" leveling kit. I'm waiting for the TPMS-19 tool to come in so I can reprogram the sensors.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts