F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I loved my '13 Ecoboost Platinum but two weeks ago I traded it in on a '17 F-350 DRW Ecoboost but only a single turbo!!
Needed it to tow our 371 Fuzion 5th wheel..only 600 miles on it so I need about 400 miles to tow the heavy trailer. Love it so far and its my daily driver. :D

001.JPG cane field pics 003.JPG cane field pics 005.JPG

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well..it does have a turbo!!

Reactions: 15boost2.7

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
I loved my '13 Ecoboost Platinum but two weeks ago I traded it in on a '17 F-350 DRW Ecoboost but only a single turbo!!
Needed it to tow our 371 Fuzion 5th wheel..only 600 miles on it so I need about 400 miles to tow the heavy trailer. Love it so far and its my daily driver. :D

View attachment 91321 View attachment 91329 View attachment 91337

View attachment 91321 View attachment 91329 View attachment 91337

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Good grief that's a lot of truck!

Reactions: pawpaw

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's job is to pull a lot of trailer...loaded wt. close to 16K.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! That will surely get the toy hauler where it needs to go.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been putting off getting a dually for 2 yrs and finally bit the bullet. Funny thing is that some of the '17 loaded 150's listed for more then the dually!

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Man I freaking love those new 17 super duties sooooo much!
Absolutely the best looking trucks on the road no question.... In my opinion.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went to look at a leftover '16 F-350 which I could have gotten a real good price on but after driving the '17 wife and I were sold on the new version. 440 hp...925 ft lbs of torque and with a 4.10 rear it hauls azz for a large vehicle. Averaging right at 16 mpg for the first 600+ miles so I can live with that. Not a bad ride either for such a large vehicle with the 176" WB...48 gallon fuel tank and a 7 gallon DEF tank so I can run awhile before fueling up. Need to put some mud flaps on the rear for my next mod!

new 5th wheel 006.JPG

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Wow! That's quite an upgrade. Congrats on the new ride. We need a pic when she's all hooked up.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought a new 20K Curt fifth wheel hitch but need to change back to the stock pin box on the trailer before I can hook up to the truck. May even have to make some more adjustments so I need to wait for son in law to help on the weekend. I'll take some pics with the rig hooked up.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Awesome, I'm jealous. Wish I had the cash to make the same move. Good luck with the new ride.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Tony...before we broke something or even worse towing with my son in laws F-250 we bought the dually. Truck listed for 66.5K and actually less then some loaded out '17 F-150's they had. Got a good trade in on my '13 and they came off the sticker on the new one a decent amount with hardly any incentives so we made the deal. Lucky I drove semi trucks years ago because its going to be my daily driver also. I live out in the country so its not that bad and lots of duallys running around here anyway!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
rv cover 004.JPG grand isle camping trip 004.JPG grand isle camping trip 003.JPG

Toy hauler and boat the truck will be towing.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
camper 005.JPG camper 004.JPG grand isle camping trip 011.JPG

A few pictures taken last week...first trip with the new truck at Grand Isle State Park on the Gulf of Mexico. Truck pulled the 14K pound trailer easily. Got 10.4 mpg towing.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Nice set up... both of them.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
new cover for dually 005.JPG new cover for dually 004.JPG grand isle memorial day '17 022.JPG

Getting 17.5 mpg on this current tank of fuel...pretty amazing for a truck this large. Installed a BakFlip MX4 cover this morning with the help of my 16 yr old Grandson.

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
You got a brodozer that's not a brodozer because you use it for non-brodozer stuff.

Nice!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts