F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Tasca shows no less than 4 different part and part numbers for the OEM brake controller. They all look the same but vary in price.

Any way to know which is the most recently updated/released part?

I will probably give the OEM one more try before I abandon it and go aftermarket. I've intentionally kept my interior as factory in appearance as possi ble.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
So just as a follow up for future searchers...

The truck spent 3 days at the dealership and they could not nail down the issue. I told them to at least flash the updated software since that is the one thing I cannot do myself.

They did that and I picked it back up. The little bit I drove it with the trailer connected it behaved fine, no disconnected error.

It is going to take some longer trips to know whether the software update fixed it or not. I'll try to remember to update.

·
Registered
205 Posts
So just as a follow up for future searchers...

The truck spent 3 days at the dealership and they could not nail down the issue. I told them to at least flash the updated software since that is the one thing I cannot do myself.

They did that and I picked it back up. The little bit I drove it with the trailer connected it behaved fine, no disconnected error.

It is going to take some longer trips to know whether the software update fixed it or not. I'll try to remember to update.

Good deal! Hope that solved it for you.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts