F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I noticed a weird kick when the gears shifted on the way home, shortly after there was smoke in my rear view mirror and terrible shift timing the rest of the way home. When I got to my driveway, I put it in park and oil was flowing out. I was finally able to crawl under and see the tube separated from a connection point. It’s on the lower passenger side of radiator. I’m obviously not a mechanic by my wording on here. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Today I noticed a weird kick when the gears shifted on the way home, shortly after there was smoke in my rear view mirror and terrible shift timing the rest of the way home. When I got to my driveway, I put it in park and oil was flowing out. I was finally able to crawl under and see the tube separated from a connection point. It’s on the lower passenger side of radiator. I’m obviously not a mechanic by my wording on here. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.
I think that connection is just a rubber hose with one of those spring clamps. That part should be easy to fix.

What I would be worried about is what happened to the trans when you were driving like that. Do you know if the trans was fully up to temperature? Perhaps the trans fluid thermostat saved you from loosing all of the fluid and only lost what was in the cooler.

Either way, its not easy to add fluid, so maybe consider having it towed and looked at/refilled if it wasnt damaged.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I’m also worried about if any oil got into places it should be. It’s all over the passenger side of the engine and intercooler. I’ll get it towed and pray for the best. On top of that I’m also dealing with a turbo coolant leak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts