F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all again,
I am sad to have to post here again. I am having transmission issues again. Before they found upwards of 7 second delay shifting to reverse. Replaced a pump and all seemed fine. I'm almost at square one again.

I just need to know generally how long your trans takes to respond when you put say 1/4 throttle max, like merging on the highway.
I usually have a 3 second delay every time I hit the gas. Few as high as 5 seconds. Even fewer are the instant response from the trans.

I am about to head to the dealer for a 4th time you guys are averaging way less than me.

·
Registered
210 Posts
That could have something to do with the factory tune maybe,did you have the reflash the computer and change it?

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
If you floor it, there can be a delay like it is thinking what to do and downshift, yes.

A tuner is supposed to help.

·
Registered
45 Posts
He did say 1/4 throttle. I have noticed when flooring it at say 55 it goes down to second gear and then it goes. The delay I have experienced with my F150 and my Flex is less than some non turbo engines I have had.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
...I am about to head to the dealer for a 4th time you guys are averaging way less than me.
Hi Bambibasher,

I want to see what I can do to help get this resolved. What's your truck model year and mileage? When are you heading in to the dealer? If possible, take your tech along for a test drive so you can show them the delay you're experiencing.

Crystal

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hello all again,
I am sad to have to post here again. I am having transmission issues again. Before they found upwards of 7 second delay shifting to reverse. Replaced a pump and all seemed fine. I'm almost at square one again.

I just need to know generally how long your trans takes to respond when you put say 1/4 throttle max, like merging on the highway.
I usually have a 3 second delay every time I hit the gas. Few as high as 5 seconds. Even fewer are the instant response from the trans.

I am about to head to the dealer for a 4th time you guys are averaging way less than me.
Do the engine RPM's change during the delay? The only delay that I get is from a dead stop sometimes. I push the gas and nothing happens for a second and then it jut takes off, more like a hesitation.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its a 2013 FX4 with 14,000 miles on it. I have had it at the dealer 4 times now. First time at 1,400 mi. To answer your questions, while cruising and hitting the gas it will delay and no RPM increase. There is one spot that I almost always get a tranny slip going low speed down a railroad embankment, hit the gas and it revs and then clunk....-First trip, they couldn't find anything wrong.- Second time, they reset the computer. Leaving the dealership parking lot it took 8 seconds to put power to the wheels. I was so furious I didn't even want to take it back or I would have caused a scene.- Third time, they finally got it to act up. Technician registered 7 second delay to go into reverse. Replaced the front transmission pump and it seemed to fix things for a couple months. However, I still would get the tranny slip in the same spot every time, every day.-I understand the delay if you mash the pedal, but it should be doing it to just maintain speed.- Since Oklahoma has had a ton of rain recently, I have actually kicked the rear out making turns because all of a sudden BAM! All the power I ever want just all at once.- I probably would have thought it normal if it did it ALL the time, but being intermittent I know it is not right

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Its a 2013 FX4 with 14,000 miles on it. I have had it at the dealer 4 times now...
Thanks for replying, Bambibasher. I'd like to escalate this to your regional customer service manager (CSM) so they can help. To proceed, PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership. I'll push this up the line.

Crystal

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ford Service/ Crystal,
I don't mind doing that except I don't want to overstep the dealership I have been going to. Being in the military, if someone jumps the chain of command to the next higher without really consulting the lowest level first, it usually doesn't end the way the person had hoped. For now, I am waiting on them to get me a loaner to bring my truck in. If they don't find something or I am unsatisfied I will contact you FordService/ Crystal.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Ford Service/ Crystal,
I don't mind doing that except I don't want to overstep the dealership I have been going to. Being in the military, if someone jumps the chain of command to the next higher without really consulting the lowest level first, it usually doesn't end the way the person had hoped. For now, I am waiting on them to get me a loaner to bring my truck in. If they don't find something or I am unsatisfied I will contact you FordService/ Crystal.
Sounds good, Bambibasher; I'll be here if you'd like me to step in and help. :)

Crystal

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just got my truck back, they said they were unable to duplicate the hesitation. Yet again as I am leaving the dealership, I back up, put it in drive, hit the gas, and wait 3-5 seconds before it goes. How they say thats normal.... I don't know.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Just got my truck back, they said they were unable to duplicate the hesitation. Yet again as I am leaving the dealership, I back up, put it in drive, hit the gas, and wait 3-5 seconds before it goes. How they say thats normal.... I don't know.
That really sucks. I hoe that you are never in a situation that you need to get out of the way in a hurry...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Do the engine RPM's change during the delay? The only delay that I get is from a dead stop sometimes. I push the gas and nothing happens for a second and then it jut takes off, more like a hesitation.

This is what I get, too. It has been more noticeable since all the multiple re-flashes. I thought it was just turbo lag and I'm just more on alert and aware of it because of the other issues. Almost afraid to say something at this point. Maybe the trans repair will correct it. I'll let you know when I get the truck back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts