F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost. I know this is a truck forum, but I figured there’d be lots of experts here and I couldn’t find a better forum to ask.

I have a 2014 Fusion 2.0 ecoboost with 106,000 miles on it, and it’s never had its transmission fluid changed.

I always trusted the Ford dealership I bought it from to let me know when maintenance is due, they’ve handled all the inspections each year, and all of the recall work on it. They never mentioned the transmission fluid change, and I just stumbled across it looking at some schedules I should have made myself aware of long ago.

In the old days I remember folks who forgot to change their transmission fluid until it was too late, would be rewarded with a failed transmission. Am I in this danger zone? Should I change it ASAP?

Thanks for your advice folks!

·
Registered
4,603 Posts

·
Administrator
9,681 Posts
He's saying you have to crack it open with the fwd to change the fluid in the tranny. There is no drain plug.

I'm not totally sure why it was relevant though.

I had my tranny fluid changed (in my truck) at either 40 or 60k. I forget which. As far as whether it's a BAD idea at this point to do yours, I'm not sure. Maybe just a change but not a flush. I bet some smart fellers in here will know.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He's saying you have to pull the pan to change the fluid in the tranny. There is no drain plug.

Any idea the odds the transmission is ruined because the fluid was never changed? It does have a drain and an overfill plug, and he did say it does.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts

·
Administrator
9,681 Posts
Any idea the odds the transmission is ruined because the fluid was never changed? It does have a drain and an overfill plug, and he did say it does.
You're right, I see it now. He was just talking about changing the filter. I highly doubt it's "ruined" myself.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Here is a popular youtube guy that knows Fords.. This is specific to your question. Hope it helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts