F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read several posts related to a clicking sound coming from the differential or transmission, but see nothing on how the transmission shifts. Very sporadically, my 2012 EB will shift very had into and out of 4th gear. This also happens with 2nd, but it is very rare. This typically happens on short trips in town before the transmission warms up, but on occasion has happened when the transmission is at operating temp. The downshift from 5th to 4th seems to be the worst. Has anyone experienced the same? I have roughly 10,000 miles on the truck.

Thx

Ken

·
Registered
943 Posts
12,500 on my 13 screw. No tranny problems. I have noticed the hard down shift when slowing down in cruise but, I like it. Makes me feel like a big rig with a jake brake.:cool: Seems to be more noticable when in tow/haul mode.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
I wish I could be more useful. With the LMS tune, they do transmission recalibration so mine shifts how LMS believes the truck should shift.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Fairlane67
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing