F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got the fluid and filter changed . No Flush. Transfer case drained and filled. I also had tech check torque on valve body bolts . He said everything looked really good as far as nothing in pan . He did say a few of bolts were not up to spec and torqued them to spec. I did have the Trans BUzz when going in to park since truck was new . Now the buzz is gone. I didn't want to do the TSB for new valvebody , because they will do a reflash and i don't want to update my tuner and all that crap . The Tech commented on my full race catless down pipes, they looked really nice , i known him for years and he did a lot of warranty work on my Raptor. Check your valvebody bolts if you have the Trans Buzz.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
I did the valve body at like 1500 miles. I suggest doing it, as the noise is supposed to be cavitation.

I had more material on my magnet than i expected at 30k, but from break in and all it made sense.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I did the valve body at like 1500 miles. I suggest doing it, as the noise is supposed to be cavitation.

I had more material on my magnet than i expected at 30k, but from break in and all it made sense.
Worse then this?
066EA06F-1E90-40B1-9A46-8E76D03AD5B8.jpeg
I’ve had the buzz to. But I thought the separator plate was the source of the buzz. Don’t even know what that looks like so I didn’t think of tightening anything up when I did my trans service.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Worse then this?
View attachment 158190
I’ve had the buzz to. But I thought the separator plate was the source of the buzz. Don’t even know what that looks like so I didn’t think of tightening anything up when I did my trans service.
When I pulled mine that magnet was rounded and puffy like a donut. Turns out it was just all the accumulated metal from my transmission. I dumped and filled mine, ran it hot a few days, then sucked out another 2-3 quarts from the hole with a brake bleeder siphon. I then replaced it with another 2-3 quarts fresh LV. I figure it's all about reducing the amount of solids in the oil.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
When I pulled mine that magnet was rounded and puffy like a donut. Turns out it was just all the accumulated metal from my transmission. I dumped and filled mine, ran it hot a few days, then sucked out another 2-3 quarts from the hole with a brake bleeder siphon. I then replaced it with another 2-3 quarts fresh LV. I figure it's all about reducing the amount of solids in the oil.
Puffy like a donut made laugh a little. I think if we keep a strict service level on this we’ll be fine. My 69 cougar has the original transmission in it with 280k miles on with just pan , filter drop only. Fluid is nice and red.

·
Premium Member
4,826 Posts
Puffy like a donut made laugh a little. I think if we keep a strict service level on this we’ll be fine. My 69 cougar has the original transmission in it with 280k miles on with just pan , filter drop only. Fluid is nice and red.
69 Cougar?
My first car was a 67 289 3-speed on the floor.

280k! Impressive

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
380 Posts
Anyone know the valve body bolt specs? I have been chasing what I call a howl or buzz/resonance for a while. I'm willing to drop the pan to check.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
69 Cougar?
My first car was a 67 289 3-speed on the floor.

280k! Impressive

It is the first car I bought also. Now owned 43 years. I’m on my third engine. One engine said F.U. At the Fremont drag strip. (Long gone track today.) and multiple rear tires. Needless to say car is back to stock except for suspension and treated much better then when I was in my 20’s.

EEAB5E7B-639E-4952-BA5A-213E45D6B484.jpeg

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
71 inch pound or 6 foot pounds. T30 socket

·
Premium Member
4,826 Posts
It is the first car I bought also. Now owned 43 years. I’m on my third engine. One engine said F.U. At the Fremont drag strip. (Long gone track today.) and multiple rear tires. Needless to say car is back to stock except for suspension and treated much better then when I was in my 20’s.

View attachment 158216
Same exact color as mine!
I just felt a long lost love pain. :)

I didn't buy mine. I bought a motorcycle and my dad gave me the Cougar in hopes of luring me off it.

Dad, you do now realize you made me King Of The World!?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts