F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
Just read an article that Ford is discontinuing the Tremor and Raptor in the 15 model year. With the introduction of the aluminum body they are downsizing the F150 lineup. This could be good or bad news. I ordered one so I'm hoping that it turns into a collectible model like the Lightning or Terminator. One single model year should boost the collectibility if it lives up to the hype!

Just read an article that Ford is discontinuing the Tremor and Raptor in the 15 model year. With the introduction of the aluminum body they are downsizing the F150 lineup. This could be good or bad news. I ordered one so I'm hoping that it turns into a collectible model like the Lightning or Terminator. One single model year should boost the collectibility if it lives up to the hype!

Wow, I had heard somthing about them discontinuing the 6.2L but I wouldnt see why they would stop producing Raptors. Where I live there are tons of them roaming the streets. Now the Tremor I have not seen any lol But yeah I think we were all hoping for a Raptor Ecoboost. Anyway, I dont see why eventually there wouldnt be a collectibility factor involved! Good snag!

Hopefully they still offer the short bed regular cat ecoboost 3.5L option, at the lighter weight it would weigh around the same as a SHO. Would be an easy process to make a mid 11 second truck out of it. :)

This is typical. Expect the raptor to be back 1-2 MY after, jury is probably still out on the tremor until they have better sales figures.

Discussion starter · #6 ·
There wasn't a lot of publicity with the Tremor release. The price point is what's affecting sales. Great truck! Slightly impractical and in sports car price range. If I hadn't got a smoking deal on mine I'd have ordered a mustang instead. I have high hopes for this truck as I miss my lightning daily and I truly believe that the Tremor has as much potential plus more creature comforts. I do hope this increases the value and collectibility since most people commenting on powerblock have never even heard of the Tremor until Trucks did a segment. I know it's not an SVT and it's a parts bin truck originally designed to test the market to see if sport trucks were still desired. I just really think with suspension mods, bolt ons and a tune it'll surprise a lot of people. I'm a V8 guy but after reading about all of these ecoboost vehicles clocking very respectable numbers I bought into the hype. Not to mention I love forced induction.

Isn't 2015 where the Auto Manufacturers must increase their CAFE rating? Maybe the Tremor was just Ford's last hoorah before the Regulators get them?

For 2015 Ford brings out a smaller V6 with Turbos, and discontinued the 6.2. And no one knows which engines will be available in which models.

Maybe the "next Generation Raptor" will be a Ecoboost 3.5 and that would make it compete directly with the Tremor; and why Ford discontinued it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.