F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They've hit the lots but I still haven't read much on them. I do t pick mine up til march and being in Afghanistan means I can't just go drive one. Anyone picked one up yet? Driven one?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
You ordered a new truck without seeing or driving it before hand? Your brave!
I hope it lives up to your expectations!

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Having owned several RCSB trucks, it should be absolutely sick with a 2/4 drop, some perfomance mods, and some upgrade shocks/anti sway bars.

muscle car killer...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You ordered a new truck without seeing or driving it before hand? Your brave!
I hope it lives up to your expectations!
I knew I wanted it when I read about it plus got a smoking deal. Plans include a 3"-5" drop, and all of the performance goodies. I was going to order a new mustang gt but I need something to haul my bikes. Plenty of time to research aftermarket before delivery but plan to order most everything before mid tour so I can wrench on it the two weeks I'm home.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Good luck, I hope it all pans out.
I like to wait and see how a new product does before taking the plunge.
Way to often in the rush to get things on the market we often hear a lot of things go overlooked and the bugs need to be worked out.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I really don't think a 5,000 lb + truck is going to kill too many muscle cars. It will be quick and look good but.......
With a little work the lightning wasn't doing a bad job of it. I'd say this has just as much potential.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had a built 03 Lightning that would disappoint most street light racers. The Ecoboost is seeing nice numbers from bolt ons. The Tremor having 4.10 gears and being a rcsb should perform very well with a little manipulation. There's just something about a truck that hauls ass.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I really don't think a 5,000 lb + truck is going to kill too many muscle cars. It will be quick and look good but.......
In STOCK form it will kill a BUNCH of muscle cars. Not the Vette in stock form but a bunch none-the-less. With some work they'll all be victimizable.

With a little work the lightning wasn't doing a bad job of it. I'd say this has just as much potential.
This▲▲▲. The ecoboost will have more potential than the Lightnings. Once we figure out fueling. Our engines are 6 bolt mains and forged internals. Dude thats killer. That can handle nearly anything short of dynamite in the combusiton chamber.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So they are forged internals? Sweet! Someone will figure out how to pump more fuel and we can turn it up! Played with blowers on the lightning and my cobra but this will be the first turbo venture. Looking forward to it. I have $5k set aside for mods upon delivery. I'll start with basic bolt ons and tune. I keep watching these reputable tuners take it further and further.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
So they are forged internals? Sweet! Someone will figure out how to pump more fuel and we can turn it up! Played with blowers on the lightning and my cobra but this will be the first turbo venture. Looking forward to it. I have $5k set aside for mods upon delivery. I'll start with basic bolt ons and tune. I keep watching these reputable tuners take it further and further.
Sorry I misspoke. Not forged internals but a forged crank. I had to look this up. Pistons and rods aren't forged but the crank is. This may not amount to much depending on the quality of the pistons and rods. Not being forged means they can be stronger but doesn't mean that they are weak by any means. Good hypers have made lots of power. There are cases where good hypers do better than cheap forged pistons. Keeping the tune safe will be paramount.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh well. We shall soon find out the power threshold. I see plenty of nice boost numbers on the stock turbos. Maybe a little meth injection and a solid tune. Plans include full exhaust, intake, intercooler, charge pipe, tune and meth to start. Researching these packages through our sponsors here as well as exhaust clips. I want the best sound possible while taking full advantage of a system producing solid numbers. Should be a fun truck! I love Fords sterling gray color. I'll need a painted engine cover in sterling with red lettering to match the badging and piping. Smoked lenses all around with a djm 3"-5" drop, shocks and upgrade the stock speakers. Maybe even some true forged wheels and a bed cover.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I love Fords sterling gray color.
I like this guy^^^! lol

I read somewhere that it's only the pistons that are hypers, and that the rods were forged as well. I'll see if I can find the article, but it may just be a typo.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Full Race website says forged crank and I beam rods. It goes into details on the heads, cams and fuel system. I'm sure she'll hold up to the abuse. I had a DSG lightning and since have been drawn to it. Even painted a bike that color once just to match the truck.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I love Fords sterling gray color.
[SMH] This is just freakin' GREAT!!! [/SMH]:rolleyes:

For the record. The Black Lightnings were the fastest. We confirmed this with a race of all the color Lightnings in stock form and Black won everytime. Here is a picture at the finish line.
Which color lightning is fastest.jpg
Now Lightnings were built for a different reason than our non SVT F150s and the dominance and superiority of Oxford White has already been discussed in the 'Arguing' thread. Check out this bulletin Ford put out.http://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/11-off-topic/2075-arguing-23.html#post24658
You must always remember to remove the hitch from the receiver when not in use on Oxford White trucks. If left there while not in use the hitch balls will grow hair on them.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
[SMH] This is just freakin' GREAT!!! [/SMH]:rolleyes:

For the record. The Black Lightnings were the fastest. We confirmed this with a race of all the color Lightnings in stock form and Black won everytime. Here is a picture at the finish line.
View attachment 4989
Now Lightnings were built for a different reason than our non SVT F150s and the dominance and superiority of Oxford White has already been discussed in the 'Arguing' thread. Check out this bulletin Ford put out.http://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/11-off-topic/2075-arguing-23.html#post24658
You must always remember to remove the hitch from the receiver when not in use on Oxford White trucks. If left there while not in use the hitch balls will grow hair on them.
Not hair...that's moss.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wayne
1 - 20 of 87 Posts