F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I learned this trick from another website and cost is $0. I got tired of my antenna banging and dragging the garage door as I pulled in (made significantly worse with bigger tires and level kit) so I just remove the factory antennae. Measured down 6-7" and cut off. Removed the ball at the top of the antennae with a vise and elbow grease. Reinstalled the ball on top of now shorter antennae by carefully bouncing off concrete slab a few times. Quick light coat of black spray paint for any accidental scuffs I made and BAM a new antennae that does bang or drag with the total investment of $0.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I learned this trick from another website and cost is $0. I got tired of my antenna banging and dragging the garage door as I pulled in (made significantly worse with bigger tires and level kit) so I just remove the factory antennae. Measured down 6-7" and cut off. Removed the ball at the top of the antennae with a vise and elbow grease. Reinstalled the ball on top of now shorter antennae by carefully bouncing off concrete slab a few times. Quick light coat of black spray paint for any accidental scuffs I made and BAM a new antennae that does bang or drag with the total investment of $0.
How is the reception? I thought they were made that length for optimum reception of Radio Stations.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My reception hasn't changed at all. I do most of my driving in town but occasionally I do travel and have not noticed a difference. I have not been in the boonies YET so I can't comment on that. If reception is worse on the boonies, I still have Sirius, iPhone, CD, and USB!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Nice, If I ever come into this problem then I may just do this.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My reception hasn't changed at all. I do most of my driving in town but occasionally I do travel and have not noticed a difference. I have not been in the boonies YET so I can't comment on that. If reception is worse on the boonies, I still have Sirius, iPhone, CD, and USB!
Agreed same here. I think it would be not just practical but a cool look as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
good idea! It is annoying for sure. But after raising my truck up a bit i use it as a safety meter in underground parking garages!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
TraciInTexas
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing