114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i tride it again this morning , and it's no flook
not the highest i ever got but pretty damb good
mpg ecoboost.jpg

·
Registered
537 Posts
Yesterday while my son and I were driving around the ranch he started ribbing me about how my mileage was dropping at a rapid pace. Started comparing my Ecoboost FX4 to what mileage he is seeing on his RAPTOR. So on the way home on the highway at 65mph he said that he noticed that my MPG was starting to improve. He kept a pretty good eye on it matter of fact. As I got to where the road had a slight decline for a distance I asked him to make sure I had zipped one of the gun cases closed. While he was turned around I hit the reset for the MPG read out so the next time he looked at the MPG it was reading 99.9 MPG. He said that I needed to take a photo of it with my phone and post it on this website.

I know that when I drive over to Shreveport my MPG in the 65 speed limit zones I can get 26 mpg, but let the speed jump up to 75 and I'm closer to 17.1

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes , i some time think if the 373 was the right choise , but i know when i tow stuff ill be better off

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2011 xlt two wheel drive I average 18.8 to 19.2 in town and regularly get 22.2 to 22.8 on the highway at 70 mph. but at 75 miles per hour it drops back to about 19.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Does everyone use Premium fuel or 91 octane or does any one use 85-87 octane? ALso what is the percenage of ethanol?

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
I have 87, 89, and 93 octane performance tunes from Livernois. Practically everyone that is not tuned takes advantage of the 87 octane advantage in these trucks. I believe most are running 10% ethanol (typical availability).

·
Registered
565 Posts
I have 87, 89, and 93 octane performance tunes from Livernois. Practically everyone that is not tuned takes advantage of the 87 octane advantage in these trucks. I believe most are running 10% ethanol (typical availability).
well we have ethnaol free gas station here and i wasnt sure if it would be worth it to spend the 20-30 cents more a gallon

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I use premium and only from shell or chevron

·
Registered
143 Posts
87 for me! Truck runs great!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I use premium and only from shell or chevron
LMAO How many shell or chevron refineries have you seen in the United States. About 10 miles from me is the second larges refinery in the US. You would not believe the different names on the tankers coming out of there full of gas. Anything from the two listed above to Hucks. Cassey's, Marathon, Flying J.

Do you really think you are buy Shell gas?

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
LMAO How many shell or chevron refineries have you seen in the United States. About 10 miles from me is the second larges refinery in the US. You would not believe the different names on the tankers coming out of there full of gas. Anything from the two listed above to Hucks. Cassey's, Marathon, Flying J.

Well, I mostly buy Chevron, Shell only as a last resort. If all the gas is the same, why does Shell claim to have v power and chevron claims to have techron? They use the same additive too?

Why do I get better gas mileage using chevron vs Costco?

·
Registered
64 Posts
When I bought the first EB I got it in Oklahoma City and the speed limit home was 65 and I was following my wife in the Avalanche who won't drive over 65. The trip home was 240 miles and it averaged 26 mpg for that trip. Yep it works. Trouble is they raised the speed limit to 75 in Texas. It's weird though, hiway mileage at 75 actually went up a little after going from 70 to 75. Right now it's at 21.8 at 75. I ain't griping. Oh, and that's on relatively flat ground with no headwind. My average for the past few thousand miles is 17.9 mpg.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes, because I'm buying the additive package that Shell puts in their gas.... While all gasoline comes from the same sources it is the additives that make the brand. Any Top Tier rated gasoline is fine with me, I usually run Quik Trip locally and Shell or BP while on the road since QT is a local area brand.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts