F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 45 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Lots of stores have empty or half-empty shelves, but messy shelving is a management issue (or lack thereof).
I think they're Short staffed like a lot of other businesses. No one wants to work. It’s like they’re picking which departments to neglect. The grocery and home goods,clothing all was kept up.

I was actually going to get Wipe New today at Walmart because they showed it in stock. The detailing section was a mess. No one is servicing the shelves it shows. I dug through everything and never found it. I grabbed a gallon of Rustoleum bed liner I’m going to put in the floor of my jon boat. Went to the paint department for some primer and it looked like a bomb went off and no one to help me out.
I guess I’ll just keep ordering on line. I was hoping to get it quicker today.
My local Wally World used to have a great car care section, not any more. :rolleyes:

Look for the As Seen on TV section / isle for the Wipe New. (Walgreen’s often has these too).
As gas as the Rustoleum on the floor of your boat, won’t the constant rolling around of that can bother you? ;)

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Look for the As Seen on TV section / isle for the Wipe New. (Walgreen’s often has these too).
As gas as the Rustoleum on the floor of your boat, won’t the constant rolling around of that can bother you? ;)
I secure everything because all the boat likes to do is idle or WOT. Lol…..I’m just using the Rustoleum bed coating for something a little tougher than paint to firm up things (rivets) a bit.
I have new plywood and the carpet just came in. The Admiral told me the other day after this fishing season I can pull the motor so I can flip the boat over strip the bottom and cover it with Gator guard or whatever I choose.

Maybe Back to Black trim restorer?
I do use Mother's Back To Black, and it works quite well in the liquid form. The spay gets used up quickly though. Never tried it on the tires, the Rotivas have an odd molding the produces a clse set of radial spoke ridges on the sidewalls that seems to keep its look as new.
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

Used a whole spray can on my all black trim XL between that and the chance of overspray onto the Bluejeans paint I now use the liquid.

The tires just look the way they do, tried a few near empty cans of spray and find no real difference. Now I just give the occasional squirting of 303 UV protect-ant on them. KM

Hard for me to ignore yet another recommendation for a Poorboys product. The previous two products have more than lived up to the praise.

The black plastic portions of a modern vehicle are often overlooked by an amateur caretaker like myself because my focus is on the painted surfaces.

Which brings up ONE more surface on an F150 that falls between the "black plastic" and the paint.
Those vulnerable B-pillar gloss black panels?

Discussion starter · #30 ·
For plastic textured trim, I gave Poor Boy’s everlasting trim coating a try on the explorer and the truck. After two years it still provides a noticeable shine and beading.

Highly recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Been wanting to try their products.

Hard for me to ignore yet another recommendation for a Poorboys product. The previous two products have more than lived up to the praise.

The black plastic portions of a modern vehicle are often overlooked by an amateur caretaker like myself because my focus is on the painted surfaces.

Which brings up ONE more surface on an F150 that falls between the "black plastic" and the paint.
Those vulnerable B-pillar gloss black panels?
I've given up and ordered PPF for both the ST and the truck. the ST is the same as your truck and scuff's very easily. I'll give it a decent polish and then put the PPF over it.

Discussion starter · #33 ·
They make a lot of great products. I always have a few things from them in the cabinet ready to go.
I have a closet full of Chemical Guys but I’m finding a lot of products are just made to sell. I’ve been trying to use up what I have and been try other products. I’m finding some of the cheaper brands work better.
I was on Amazon last night and putting a list together of Poor Boys.

I mentioned this in a different thread but thought I'd post it here too.

If you are looking for perhaps the longest-lasting tire dressing this one is commonly discussed. It does however take very thorough cleaning, perhaps 3 or 4 separate scrubs upon initial application. It is also a little pricey.

Liquid Product Fluid Cosmetics Personal care

Discussion starter · #36 ·
This is one of the best long term trim coatings. I've used it on my 2007 FJ Cruiser back in May, which had a lot of faded black trim, and it still looks new now. It's a ceramic coating, so you do have to apply it according to the directions. The process is very specific.
CARPRO CQuartz DLUX Plastic & Wheel Coating
Amazon.com: CARPRO CQUARTZ DLUX Wheel and Trim Coat 30mL - Ceramic Coating UV Protection for Wheels and Exterior Plastics, Rubber, and Metals : Automotive
Thanks but I order Cerakote ceramic trim coating. It’s arriving today. I will see if it works as advertised. I didn’t see the Carpro. After looking at the link I would have tried it.

Discussion starter · #37 ·
I mentioned this in a different thread but thought I'd post it here too.

If you are looking for perhaps the longest-lasting tire dressing this one is commonly discussed. It does however take very thorough cleaning, perhaps 3 or 4 separate scrubs upon initial application. It is also a little pricey.

Liquid Product Fluid Cosmetics Personal care
Awesome!

@Douglasdzaster, You mentioned Cerakote so I thought I'd just mention this too. I tried Cerekote's newer Ceramic Spray Coat on my Xploder's paint a couple of days ago. They advertise it as a "Coating", in my mind it's another "Sealant".

The end result seems to be very slick. I haven't had it in the weather and have no idea how long it might last. I will say it is a little finicky to get the product off. It kind of smears. Now, this may be because it was only about 60 degrees this day. For now, the jury is still out but I'll give it another shot on a warmer day for sure.

Thanks but I order Cerakote ceramic trim coating. It’s arriving today. I will see if it works as advertised. I didn’t see the Carpro. After looking at the link I would have tried it.
Cerakote seems like a great product too. I'm sure you'll be happy.

Reactions: Douglasdzaster
I had great results using a heat gun to bring my plastic fender flares and front bumper trim back to life… after that i hit it with some mothers ctx hybrid ceramic for plastic trim

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.