F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took my long awaited trip to glasgow kentucky, south of louisville,been waiting to see what kind of gas mileage i am going to get. the trip out was appr. 360 miles, gas mileage started good around 20 then hit 15-20 mph cross wind just about the whole trip out through ill. indiana, and kentucky. 16.4 was the best the beast would muster, meant to take a picture and forgot. left to come home monday morning and wind was 0-5 mph, great, took a different route home at the end to drop of friends and ended up with 18.6mph at 402.4 miles, about 70-73 mph, once i got to Ill. and hit 65 mph zone i pretty much stayed at 65 the rest of the way and hit some 55mph zone in M0. the last 132. 1 miles of the trip i average 20 mph. overall I am pretty well please with all, after all she is a big truck and 4x4. talked to a guy at rest stop with a 350 diesel and he said he gets about 14 on highway, later he blew by me doing about 80. here are accompaning pics. I love this beast, it is a awesome truck and rides great!!! Lariat package, 355 rear end Photo181.jpg Photo182.jpg

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Those 70mph zones in Ky make it tough to get good economy. I just took a trip to TN from Chi town and when I did 65 I was afraid someone was gonna drive right into my bed. It forced me to push it up to 70-71 which brought be down to an overall 20.1 for the round trip of approximately 1300 miles. I have a 2wd with 3.73s.

Your mileage looks great to me!

SPPD

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would have never started on this subject but since you broke the ice,,, I have never seen so many frickin jeks in my life as on the interstates in the u.s.a. There is absolutely very little curtiousy, everybody wants to do 90+, and they have no problem with cutting you off in the process, i deal with this every day on my jog to work, stay out of there way and just watch them come by in drones, I drive a small car to work and must say that i see alot of guys driving trucks running up my ass and other peoples ass, I hope that we truck owners , as mature adults set a example to our friends and family and show respect to other drivers and the elderly as we drive our nations road system. I also think that this should be a good topic on this forum!! Maybe, we are to committed to just or trucks and all the bells and whistles we can put on them and not the safety of driving them and respect to others on the highway. Be carful, Be safe, & Be curtious!!! Frenchy

Reactions: mc4100s2

·
Registered
943 Posts
i would have never started on this subject but since you broke the ice,,, i have never seen so many frickin jeks in my life as on the interstates in the u.s.a. There is absolutely very little curtiousy, everybody wants to do 90+, and they have no problem with cutting you off in the process, i deal with this every day on my jog to work, stay out of there way and just watch them come by in drones, i drive a small car to work and must say that i see alot of guys driving trucks running up my ass and other peoples ass, i hope that we truck owners , as mature adults set a example to our friends and family and show respect to other drivers and the elderly as we drive our nations road system. I also think that this should be a good topic on this forum!! Maybe, we are to committed to just or trucks and all the bells and whistles we can put on them and not the safety of driving them and respect to others on the highway. Be carful, be safe, & be curtious!!! Frenchy
100% agree

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
enlighten me to just what is electronic rust proofing if you would please

·
Registered
943 Posts
enlighten me to just what is electronic rust proofing if you would please[/QUOTE

Electronic rust proofing uses the smae theory/technology as is used on bridges to keep them from rusting. A small ecletrical charge goes through the vehicle every few seconds. Many have said it doesn't work on vehicles but, I had it on my last four trucks the "Boostie" being the fifth and none of them showed any rust. The previous four trucks used the same unit from Rust Evader. I transfered it each time I bought a new truck.
Not, long before I traded my 04 F-350 in on the "Boostie" the main lead wire came apart and it wouldn't work any more. My dealer had this one installed on the "Boostie" for me. Only a year has passed so, the jury is still out on this unit. I am convinced that it works. Remember, that I live and drive in the rust belt and our roads are covered with salt about four months or more of the year. Look up electronic rust proofing or Rust Evader on the net.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I would have never started on this subject but since you broke the ice,,, I have never seen so many frickin jeks in my life as on the interstates in the u.s.a. There is absolutely very little curtiousy, everybody wants to do 90+, and they have no problem with cutting you off in the process, i deal with this every day on my jog to work, stay out of there way and just watch them come by in drones, I drive a small car to work and must say that i see alot of guys driving trucks running up my ass and other peoples ass, I hope that we truck owners , as mature adults set a example to our friends and family and show respect to other drivers and the elderly as we drive our nations road system. I also think that this should be a good topic on this forum!! Maybe, we are to committed to just or trucks and all the bells and whistles we can put on them and not the safety of driving them and respect to others on the highway. Be carful, Be safe, & Be curtious!!! Frenchy
Dont take this the wrong way but some parts of the united states have higher speed limits, In Texas we have 75mph most everywhere Interstate 10 is 80mph and we even have a toll road with a 85 speed limit. Im not sure whats worse the Jerks driving 10 over or the other jerks driving 60 and 65 in the left lane of a 75 or 80 mph stretch of highway.

Reactions: OxfordFX4

·
Registered
873 Posts
Hate the slew of out of staters in Texas driving slow in the left hand lane. He'll on the toll road from round rock to Kyle I set the cruise on 95, are breakfast and studied for graduate exams. Psh what's this 65 shenanigans??

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I try not to speed, for safety and so i don't get a ticket.

On the flipside, it is just as dangerous to drive too slow IMO. I was taught that the left lane is the passing lane, not the fast lane. If you are in the passing lane with no one in front of you and a car behind you, you are in the wrong lane.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I was taught that the left lane is the passing lane, not the fast lane. If you are in the passing lane with no one in front of you and a car behind you, you are in the wrong lane.
Exactly! I dont mind coming up on a slower car that is in the left lane actually passing someone, but when they are just cruising in the left lane 10 or 15 under thats what pisses me off.

Another thing is the IDIOTS that get in the left lane to pass a slower car then they just run along beside them for miles under the speed limit.. That is usually when the have a front bumper of a ecoboost all over their a$$ until they decide to either pass or move back in behind the slower car

·
Registered
523 Posts
Yep that blue oval getting larger and larger in the rear view mirror sometimes is a helpful hint. Many times however the driver is oblivious to everything around them. Zero consideration for others. Some states are starting to actually enforce loitering in the left lane.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I don't like left lane loiterers. They get my new fog light treatment...

See:
IMG_0025.jpg
Had the foglight bulbs replaced with LED's. Oncoming traffic doesn't like me on the highway. When I get home I will be putting other fogs on and keeping them as the night time running lights with a relay for the brights.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Hard to see that blue oval or those bright lights when you are tailgating my travel trailer. I'll get over just as soon as I clear the vehicle that I am passing. Please don't try to pass me on the right than pull quickly back in front of me just to show me that you are in a hurry or stupid.

Reactions: mc4100s2

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
In all seriousness, I do leave plenty of room for the people that deserve it - such as yourself. I generally don't turn those on until the car in front of me has been blatantly stupid, knows that I want by, and has continued to stay in the lane knowing full well they shouldn't be. I usually give a minute or two before I SIGNAL and begin to slide to the right and start to pass. Usually, this is the time when they decide they should be in the right lane and then I'm the bad guy. I've stayed back, been patient and polite, they are doing 10 under and are in the wrong lane. Usually they have passed several "Slower Traffic Keep Right" signs by this time - it is Alaska State law, and in some places if you are holding up 5 or more vehicles, illegal.

It's even more fun when people pull out in front of you with nothing behind you, slow you down speed up and then turn - slowing you down again...

I better stop! Maybe we should revive the "That Guy" or the "Rants and Raves" thread...

·
Registered
900 Posts
Hard to see that blue oval or those bright lights when you are tailgating my travel trailer. I'll get over just as soon as I clear the vehicle that I am passing. Please don't try to pass me on the right than pull quickly back in front of me just to show me that you are in a hurry or stupid.
Thats totally fair, As long as you are passing a car that is in the slower lane take your time and do it safely. Im talking about the idiots just cruising along side someone or just left lane cruising when the whole right lane is open.

I know what your talking about also with pulling a trailer and people don't like to give you the time needed to make a safe pass before they are trying to pass on the right. usually if i see a knuckle head try to do that to me i will speed up just enough he cant get ahead of me and has to follow me.. I then usually take more time than needed to make the pass :)

·
Registered
943 Posts
Thats totally fair, As long as you are passing a car that is in the slower lane take your time and do it safely. Im talking about the idiots just cruising along side someone or just left lane cruising when the whole right lane is open.

I know what your talking about also with pulling a trailer and people don't like to give you the time needed to make a safe pass before they are trying to pass on the right. usually if i see a knuckle head try to do that to me i will speed up just enough he cant get ahead of me and has to follow me.. I then usually take more time than needed to make the pass :)
Ok, It sounds like we are on the same page. My other pet peeve is people that will sit right on the right hand corner of your trailer and neither pass or back off making it so you can't get over so those behind you can go the speed they want to. I have give the the steering wheel a quick twist a few times and then they will back off and let you in.:eek:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Ok, It sounds like we are on the same page. My other pet peeve is people that will sit right on the right hand corner of your trailer and neither pass or back off making it so you can't get over so those behind you can go the speed they want to. I have give the the steering wheel a quick twist a few times and then they will back off and let you in.:eek:
Yea, gotta love the morons that run in your blind spot also. Lol

By the way OP great fuel mileage on your trip! Seems like we got off topic a little bit LOL

·
Registered
523 Posts
It's called waggin' the trailer. Usually gets their attention enough to recognize their not in the best location for all of us making it to our destined in tact.

I'm especially fond of those that can't maintain any semblance of speed. It's either 50 or 70 mph with them. I pass them 10 times, they pass me ten times. All the while I've been at 65 mph the entire time.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
It's called waggin' the trailer. Usually gets their attention enough to recognize their not in the best location for all of us making it to our destined in tact. I'm especially fond of those that can't maintain any semblance of speed. It's either 50 or 70 mph with them. I pass them 10 times, they pass me ten times. All the while I've been at 65 mph the entire time.
Yeah I use CC when I'm on the freeway and it's crazy how much people vary their speed.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts