F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropped my 13 off at the dealer this morning. Had a list of things I would like them to check, along with an oil change. Weird noises when parked on an incline, check for updates, heavy gas smell in the oil cap, and the plug gap. I booby trapped a couple of the plugs with fishing line, and marked my oil filter. Am I being paranoid, or justified. Thanks for all the info on this site, it's the best!

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Paranoid.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Don't trust the dealer lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
314 Posts
Is not the dealer but the person doing the work. A lot of young people are book smart and not street smart. They hook up the computer and it Said everything is fine.

·
Registered
77 Posts
As a former tech I understand where you are coming from. Most techs are to fast to call something good. However, you need to make sure your complaint is valid, it can be duplicted and the service writter properly describes it in the repair order

·
Registered
360 Posts
I booby trapped a couple of the plugs with fishing line, and marked my oil filter. Am I being paranoid, or justified.
I plan to mark my filter when I take it in. I have had a couple isnatnces where I asked them to look at something and it's completely obvious they never did.

It was painfully obvious when I got the multi-point inspection sheet back last time saying they set all the tires to 35psi... then I asked them to bring out one of their calibrated gauges to compare against the cheap one I keep in the truck just so I knew mine was close to accurate... The calibrated gauge read 42.5psi... so much for that multi-point inspection and 35psi. :(

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Yesterday my nav completely stopped working and said to insert SD card. My USB ports also stopped charging my phone at or around the same time. So I called the dealer and asked them to look at it since I was dropping it off for an oil change the next day.

They charged me $117 and in the notes it says that they could not duplicate it but that it needed to be updated (tsb) and they did that and it seemed to be working fine.

I feel that was a little excessive to charge me .95 of an hour just to tell me there was no problem.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Note, it was $117 for the nav part. Oil change was separate/extra

·
Registered
608 Posts
Note, it was $117 for the nav part. Oil change was separate/extra
Ford sync is easily user-updatable with a flash drive..

Sent while enjoying a Pabst

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Ford sync is easily user-updatable with a flash drive.. Sent while enjoying a Pabst
Yeah. I know. I was too lazy to do update but I didn't think that was the problem. I thought it was a hardware problem due to loss of USB and lack of ability to read SD card. And now that I think about it, don't know if it would have even helped out the time since USB wasn't working. All well. $100 mistake...

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Ford sync is easily user-updatable with a flash drive..

Sent while enjoying a Pabst
Yeah. I know. I was too lazy to do update but I didn't think that was the problem. I thought it was a hardware problem due to loss of USB and lack of ability to read SD card. And now that I think about it, don't know if it would have even helped out the time since USB wasn't working. All well. $100 mistake...
My media hub failed, too.
It has nothing to do with sync....it was a hardware failure.

Sucks they billed you for it, are you out of warranty already?

·
Registered
158 Posts
My media hub failed, too.
It has nothing to do with sync....it was a hardware failure.

Sucks they billed you for it, are you out of warranty already?
his sig says he has 38k miles

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't do ice fishing, so I gotta wait til April for that. They kept it overnight, so I'm encouraged by that. Love the truck, just want it right.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
That's ridiculous Man. I can't stand the dealerships.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
That's ridiculous Man. I can't stand the dealerships. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
You mean the stealerships?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts